Another week down!

This was one of those weeks were you are glad to say the weekend has come.  Tim tried to study, but found it difficult this week.  He did plenty of studying, he just felt it was as effective and focused as it has been in the past.  I stayed busy at work with making phone calls and getting in contact with those that I will be working with.  It slowed down greatly this week, because we only have a part of our list of schools.  You can only stay so busy with a handful of schools.  Hopefully, we will have the rest this week.  I did have a day and a half meeting at a different location, so that was fun.  

The hardest part of our week was the lack of sleep.  We were woken up three times this week in the middle of the night.  Twice because of arguing neighbors outside and once because a care alarm just randomly went off.  After this week I am thoroughly convinced that nothing good happens after midnight and that people just need to go to bed!

We were both ready for the weekend.  It has been very busy for the both of us.  Since it was a hard week for sleeping we slept in until about seven (yes that is definitely sleeping in when you get up at 5:30 am during the week).  I made eggs and hash browns for breakfast.  Tim had a review so I dropped him off at that and then made monkey bread for a brunch with some of the med school wives to celebrate a baby.  After that I picked up Tim so he could come home and study.  I cleaned the apartment and then made Hawaiian haystacks for dinner.  We had the Burmese Elders over for dinner along with an investigator.  It was fun to have them over for dinner.  It had been a long time since I have had to cook for a large group of mostly boys.  We had enough food, so thankfully no one went away hungry.  In the evening, Tim went out with the English elders and I cleaned up the mess (which you know me, I was completely happy to do).

Today we went to the Burmese sacrament meeting.  I said that opening prayer and Tim passed the sacrament.  They do not have an official branch, but with so many not speaking any English it is a good option to help them feel the spirit and teach them on their level.  I feel like our first chance to breathe.  I don't think we have anything planned for the evening, but that could change.  

Here's to a better week of sleeping!  :)

Comments