General Conference!

We have been waiting all week for general conference.  It is very different to be outside of Utah and watching it.  I can picture being at the conference center and the atmosphere of anticipation because everybody you associate with is Mormon.  Here it  is like another day...except for members.  It was wonderful to hear the words of the prophet and apostles and to know that even as the world get crazier and crazier everything will work out if you stay on the path.

Tim has begun to study again.  To me he seems less stressed about it.  He is taking a different approach to how he studies and we will see if that will be enough in three weeks for his next round of exams.  Work continues to progress for me.  We are still in the starting phase of contact and helping the teachers to know what will happen, because everything will be done remotely.  Some days are more interesting than others.

This week I also decided it was time to do something with our extra bathroom.  It was just empty, so I went to Target and changed the empty to something a little more exciting.  I purchased bright green and orange towels to go with it.  It contrasts greatly from our brown apartment.


With it being a special weekend and Tim being around more because he wasn't studying I did more cooking than normal.  I started off with sausage gravy and biscuits, moved onto chocolate protein bars, wheat pancakes, pizza, and tonight we will have chicken corn chowder.  For some of the things I made, we had realized that I had not made them since Utah, so for old times we ate well.


Oh...and we went on a nice walk.  I don't venture out at all by myself.  A big change from Utah, but the weather has been beautiful!  Unfortunately, I have been told that I won't last and the weather will get hot again before it officially cools down at the end of this month.

Comments