Let the vacation begin!

Tim was able to successfully finish all of his finals.  I received a call on Wednesday about noon from Tim asking to get the car, so he could go home.  In order to get out of my office parking lot you have to scan a badge.  So, I ran out and let him go home.  There was definitely a big smile on his face and a look of relief as he got in the car and drove off.  Unfortunately, I had to stay at work...no comment!

I continued to go to work for the rest of the week.  While Tim tried to find things to do with his time.  He played sports with other students, went out with the missionaries, and played Whitney doing some cooking and cleaning while I was at work.  He also was able to do some pleasure reading, which never happens.

We both had dentist appointments and I am happy to report that we both have healthy teeth, without out cavities.

Friday night Tim received the best husband of the year award as we spent date night shopping for maternity clothes.  He is better than me a picking things out that I would like.  I was able to find a pair of work pants, which was high priority.  I never enjoyed clothes shopping to begin with, but maternity clothes shopping takes the cake on things I don't enjoy doing.  It is really hard to find anything!

Saturday started early at the church building.  Our ward was in charge of cleaning the building so we went a vacuumed.  After we finished with that we set up for the baptism.  It was really nice.  We had another Burmese member get baptized, which is kind of cool.  We have quite a few men joining the church, so it seems the Lord is laying a priesthood foundation for gospel to truly spread among the members.

After we got home and ate some lunch, Tim went and helped a sister move into our complex.  In the evening we went to a Christmas gathering and were able to meet a variety of people and eat some really tasty food.  It was hosted by a sister I visit teacher and she is an amazing cook.

After that we headed over to Chinatown, because we were invited out to dinner along with the Elders.  They served authentic Chinese food.  I didn't really know what was happening, because everyone was speaking Chinese.  I figured it would just be a place where you order a dish and they bring it out, but the server kept bringing plate after plate.  Tim felt afterwards that it was one of the most culturally diverse meals he had ever had.  We started with fish soup, which was really good.  Then they brought out the beef and pepper plate along with fried ribs.  Then they came out with steamed veggies and shrimp and then a couple of dishes with steamed green veggies.  I am not sure what they were, but I think it was pak choy and baby buk choy.  They also brought out a plate of lobster and a plate of fish.  These plates were interesting, because they garnished them and the poor Elders weren't sure what to do.  They put the lobster heads on a plate as decoration and one elder took it and was trying to find meat in it.  The fish plate had a fish skin fried and holding the cooked fish and vegetables.  It was really interesting.  Tim's favorite dish was the duck burgers.  They brought out a plate of peking duck and then a plate of steamed bread, but it looked like marshmallow bread.  You put the duck on the bread with onion, lettuce, tomato and a sauce and it is really good.

When it was all said and done we were really full and ready for bed!

Things were very quiet at church today as most of the students have left for the holidays.  Tim will have a busy week getting us ready to leave and doing important things like paying tuition.  I on the other hand will be trying to stay busy at work counting the hours I when I get to join the rest of UT on vacation!

With luck we will be in Cedar next Sunday, so the post will be coming from Utah!

Comments