Merry Christmas from the land of snow and ice!

It was a busy week.  Tim had the first part of the week off because of no classes.  He as able to take some Tim time and then play Whitney and get prepared for our big trip.  I had to work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, so Tim was on his own.  He played some sports and read a whole book.  I was surprised, because I am the one that usually is laying on the couch reading.

Wednesday was a busy day in the morning.  I kept crossing my fingers hoping some nice person would email us and say we could leave early.  I finished all I needed to do by lunch time and was just waiting for that magical phone call.  Tim was at home getting things packed and cleaned up in hopes that I would  call.  At about 2:30 the magic email came and I was out the door!  As I was waiting for Tim, I thought to myself, "I should stand in the shade or I am going to start sweating."  As we were leaving Houston, it was 84 degrees.  A big difference from Utah.

The first night we made it to Lubbock and stayed with some of Tim's family.  Day two we drove straight to Enoch and beat all the bad weather.  We decided to go through Las Vegas, because Tim's brothers had been stopped the day before in Colorado and Eastern Utah by bad weather so we tried to play it safe.  We stepped out of the car and were welcomed to Utah by a very chilly wind gust.  Over the next 24 hours it snowed a good 10 inches.

Christmas day was spent with family  relaxing and enjoying company and good food.  Saturday we received a visit from Holly and shared some good laughs.  In the evening we went to see the new Star Wars movie.  We all enjoyed it...even Tim who isn't a huge fan.  Today we went to church and are spending the rest of the day together as a family.

Monday morning bright and early we will be heading to Provo.  Tim's sister is getting married and  his whole family will be together and take a pictures.  I am told that the whole family hasn't been together since 2003, because one brother or another has been on a mission.  It will be good to catch up with his family.

This time next week we should be back in Houston, where the temperatures are much warmer!

Comments