One more week!

Tim is so close to being done!  He worked hard all week studying and taking exams.  As of right now five exams are completed and two more to go.  He will officially be done on Wednesday at noon.  He has done well and I am sure he will continue to do well.  He is just ready for a break!

I stayed busy at work and at home.  Things are picking up and getting complicated at work.  The site that houses all the information for the teachers isn't working properly, so we spent  the week troubleshooting and trying to help teachers.  For some teachers it is easier than for others.

I went home on Tuesday night and made candy after work.  It made a lot more than I thought, but I was pleased with how everything turned out.  Hopefully the picture shows below...the computer was having issues.  I made toffee, peppermint bark, and peppermint patties.  I really liked the peppermint patties.  They were really easy and very tasty.

 

Wednesday I went out with the Burmese Elders and helped a recent convert write her testimony so she could share it at the Burmese fireside tonight.  It was interesting to walk her through the process and to ask probing questions about what she believed.  It was a good experience at least for me!

Thursday and Saturday night I had visiting teaching.  I really enjoy talking with the sisters I get to visit.  They are very different, but still strong in the gospel and teach me new things every time I visit them.  

Friday, Tim and I went to the wedding reception of my visiting teaching companion.  It was a very fun date night...no really it was!  We were able to drive to Friendswood, Texas.  It was a small community that didn't have gated homes and they had grass!  According to Tim Friendswood also has a good soccer team.

Our ward had it's Christmas party on in the morning.  It was fun to see people in a different setting and socialize.  Today, we have the fireside in the evening.  It is usually fun, with a variety of investigators and new members.  We can only talk with the kids, because most of the adults do not speak English.  It is still fun to interact with them.

Here's to next week!!

Comments