We moved!

The big thing of this week was preparing for moving and moving.  Tim did a lot of work to prepare for the move.  We finished packing throughout the week and did the final packing on Friday night.  Saturday morning I took Tim to get the U-haul.  We started loading the truck and little after 8 am.  I was glad we did because it was very humid.  We had several people come and help which made things go faster.  The truck was loaded by a little after 9 am.  Tim left with everyone and I put a few final things in the car and Hyrum.  By the time I got to the new place, the truck was almost unloaded. 

In all everything was put in the new apartment and people were gone by 10 am.  Fastest...move...ever!  I spent the rest of the day putting things away.  I was able to finish most of it.  We have to wait on the kitchen because they are coming to spray for roaches.  We are definitely more prepared this time to deal with them.  I have all my roach killing stuff out and we will get them taken care of soon!

The apartment is old, but has recently been redone.  There was a new carpet smell when we got there.  There is also fans and ceiling lights in every room.  That means we can actually see at night!  We both feel like the apartment is a little smaller than our other one, but space is used much more efficiently, so it feels bigger.  The closets are huge and I can fit most of our storage things with ease.  I have yet to decorate and get everything neatly organized, so sorry about the mess.

This is Hyrum's room.  It has the bigger closet and a bathroom right off his room.

This is the kitchen...enough said.

This is our room.  It is the same has Hyrum's.

This is the front room.  I divided it into a TV room and a "library"!

Hopefully everything will be organized this week and we won't be tripping over paper and boxes.  Moving sums up our week.  Glad it is over with!

Comments

Parental Units said…
Glad you remembered to take Hyrum.
Parental Units said…
Glad you remembered to take Hyrum.