All by ourselves...(think 80's song by Eric Carmen, just replace ourselves with myself)

This week Hyrum and I flew solo as Tim was out of town for most of the week.  Tim's younger brother got married this weekend in Utah.  I wish I could have gone, but I didn't have any vacation days left to attend.  It was probably good that I didn't go, because I had a terrible cold that I would have been sharing with all the wrong people.

I really can't update you on Tim's life as we lived our lives apart this week, but I hear that he had a great time visiting with family, attending a sealing and reception, hunting down pictures for me at DI (Utah's Goodwill), drooling over motorcycles, and doing flips with his brothers.

I can fully update you on Hyrum and I.  Tim and his dad left Wednesday morning very early, so I took care of getting him ready for daycare and me for work.  Wednesday was a pretty normal day for us, until we got home.  Tim isn't too crazy about the bumbo, but I love it.  We ate dinner together.  Hyrum in his chair on the table and me making faces at him between bites.  It was a lovely dinner.  Notice the nice double chin that is coming in!  We've been working hard on gaining weight.


Thursday and Friday I was able to work from home on a project that needs more quiet time than the office can give.  So, Hyrum and I had two extra days together.  Day one was a little hard, because we were both out of our routine.  Let's just say mom didn't do so hot with maintaining a nap schedule, but we made it through without too much trauma.

Day two together was different.  I was very much on top of the napping and I even was able to get him to sleep in his crib for a nap.  Usually on the weekends he is in his swing, but I was able to manage it.  Unfortunately, mom lost in the the sense that someone decided to have a blowout while napping, so mom got to strip a bed and do and an extra load of laundry.  Fortunately, mom did win in a sense because she discovered a new miracle way to get stains out.  The sun!  Who would have thought a little lemon juice and a whole lot of Texas sun would do just the trick.


Saturday was a good day for us as well.  Hyrum let mom take an accidental 3 hour nap in the morning.  We woke up at a normal time and when he went down for his morning nap I did too.  Well, I thought he would wake me up in an hour when he was awake and making noise...not so much.  When I finally came to he was swinging away staring at empty space wondering why his terrible mother wasn't paying any attention to him.  I made it up to him all day by not sleeping any more and making sure he ate on time for the rest of the day.  We also went for a walk in the stroller.  Very fun, but very humid!


 And found this treasure at the store.  Too bad it wasn't in his size.


Church went well.  No screaming!  We made it to church in enough time for me to feed him and get in the chapel before the meeting started.  He slept and ate again without too much fuss.  All I have to say, is thank goodness for grandmas willing to hold babies, so moms can go to the bathroom!  

That's about all from us.  Tim will be home in a day and we will have one more week until he begins Year 2 of medical school.

Comments