Big People Food!

Another big week in the Zimmerman household.  Hyrum had his four month appointment.  The doctor gave us the go ahead to try rice cereal.  He also got his next round of shots and handled it like a chap.  He cried for just a few minutes, but stopped once I started swinging him in the car seat.  There must be something magical about the four month visit, because that night was the first time he slept through the night.  I heard him at 4:50, which is just before I usually get up.  Tim popped out of bed and asked when the last time I fed him was and then I realized that it was 9:30 the previous night.  Then it happened two more times this week and I was really happy, because we have finally hit that milestone that all mothers love. 

I think he is finally stopped growing enough to not be so hungry all the time.  He is almost 17 pounds and 26 inches.  I have gone through his clothes and pulled out all of his 6 month clothes, because they no longer fit.  I have a feeling we are going to struggle with clothes that fit for the rest of his life!

He is also working on rolling over.  He has done back to front and front to back, but it was a struggle and he really prefers to stay on his back.  He recently has been whipping his torso and legs from side to side.  Really all he needs to do is lift his head and his only option will be to roll over.  

Saturday night we tried rice cereal.  He was able to get a few spoonfuls in, but most of it came right out.  I thought it was a great start.  We will try again tonight and see if he does any better.  It was really funny to watch him because had a very confused, slightly disgusted face.  The one below was obviously before the torture began.   


Tim is doing well with school.  He is managing to stay on top of things this semester.  He began working as a Family Medicine club officer.  He also helped students who were interviewing this week.  He has enjoyed helping.  He also went to the family medicine residency fair this week at UT (his school).  He was able to talk to some Houston residencies and get some more insights of things to look for in a program.  He went out with the missionaries this week and healed up from his weekend of helping in Louisiana with the flood victims.  He stepped on a nail and had to get a tetanus shot.  He has some unfortunate side affects that left him feeling under the weather for a couple of days, but by Friday he was good to go.

Things were a little stressful at work.  I was told that I would be working with 40 teachers this year if they couldn't hire another coach.  I am really hoping they will be able to hire someone, because that is twice as many as I had last year and I had a hard time keeping up with it.  I was also released and put back in the primary as a 3rd counselor.  We have a ton of kids in our ward so there is a need to have an extra one.  That means I will be busier than usual on Sundays.  It should be interesting juggling Hyrum, so we will just have to wait and see what happens with that.  

That's about all from us.  We are trying to stay dry and cool.  Hopefully, Fall will come to Houston sooner rather than later!

Comments