Fall is here...Texas style!

Fall has finally hit Texas!  I kept hearing that a cold front was coming through.  When I think cold front, I think of snow.  Well, in Texas it means we are in the 80's!  After being in the high 90's plus humidity, it feels great.  We have opened our windows to let in the breeze in the morning and evenings and it is so nice, not to be sweating all the time.  

Tim did lots of studying this week.  He has exams coming up next week.  This is the first round.  Last year he had already had two rounds of exams by this point.  There is a lot more material that will be on this exam.  He also worked on getting new contacts and glasses.  His old pair glasses broke after 10+ years, several months ago and he has been doing the tape and superglue, so it was time for some new ones.  Below is a picture of him modeling the new  ones.  I think he looks great.  


I had a conference all week in the Galleria, which is the fancy part of Houston.  Unfortunately, the traffic is also worse in that area, which meant it was trickier to pickup and drop-off with Hyrum.  I was lucky to make good time with traveling, so he wasn't there too much longer.  It still made it a long week with seeing Hyrum less, which is always hard.  Thank goodness we won't have to deal with anything like that for a while.

Hyrum has hit the five month mark.  Below is a picture with Tim.  He has been struggling to sleep at night, which is a little depressing for me, because I don't get enough sleep at night, but hopefully soon he will sleep consistently through the night.  I also think his two bottom teeth are coming in.  I can see lines of where his teeth should come through.  I am not sure when they will come up, but it should be an adventure.

On a more positive note he's a rolling champ.  He never stays on his back for very long.  He just needs to figure out how to get back to his back, because after a while he gets tired and fusses until we roll him and then he rolls to his stomach again.  He has also started talking more and laughing.  We are still working on the sitting.  I think he will crawl before he sits!

That is pretty much all for us...just enjoying conference weekend!

Comments