Christmas Countdown!

For starters...look who turned 7 months.  He continues to grow like a weed.  Sometimes I wish he would slow down, because I can't keep him in a size long enough.  Any pictures shown in this post show him in 12-18 month clothes.  And my arms are really sore.  He is so heavy!


Thanksgiving was very relaxing.  It was the first time since I went back to work that we have had more than a day to spend together.  It was nice for both of us to just be parents.  We spent some time up in Dallas with Tim's family.  There was a house full of adults, babies, and little girls.  Never a dull moment.  There was a ton of great food and company.  We also managed with the help of a couple of Tim's brothers to get a family picture.  Nothing fancy, but we can officially document we have a kid!

As far as developmental changes for Hyrum, there haven't been too many changes.  He has really taken a liking to walking with help.  He is getting really good at moving his own feet without help.  He has also started standing with help.  He likes to hook his arms over the pews at church and watch everyone.  He needs help to stand, but as long as he has help he will stand for a long time.  He still babbles and talks a lot and crawls everywhere.  I did notice the past couple of days him trying to raise his bum to get his legs under him.  Maybe in the next month or so we will see some knee crawling.

I took advantage of Black Friday and made a couple of purchases.  We bought a red wagon for Hyrum, which was a hit.  He has always liked riding in his stroller, so this is just a different way to get around.  It will also help when we transport things back and forth from the sitter.  It is also red, which he loves.  
  

We took it out for a spin.  Tim insisted I get in and ride with him.  I am sure our neighbors thought we were crazy running around the parking lot in a wagon, but it was fun.

 We also bought a big boy highchair.  He has been using a bumbo for eating, but it was getting small.  This works great and it is easier to feed him.  It should last him until he is ready to sit in a normal chair.

The purchase I am most excited about is the next phase car seat.  We are still waiting for it to come in.  I feel bad every time we put him in the infant seat, because he is shoulders are too wide to fit easily.  Hopefully, it will be less of a fight to get him in and it will be more comfortable.

The countdown to Christmas has begun.  Tim has block exams starting next week and I will be working until then.  But, are looking forward to Christmas.  One thing we are going to try doing this year is participating in the churches Light the World campaign.  Basically every day until Christmas you participate in Christlike service.  I am excited to try it!  Hopefully, soon I will decorate for Christmas.  I am determined to do something as I missed Fall completely.  Until next week!

Comments