Oops!

So, as I begin this morning I realized that I failed to take pictures this week.  And we actually had some cute things happening this week.  Without further ado, I'm sorry.

The start to the week was less exhausting.  Hyrum had been waking up twice a night to eat and on Monday we peaked his eating with 8 ounces of puree, several tablespoons of baby oatmeal, a quarter of an avocado, and his normal six bottles during the day.  He slept a little better after that.  I am grateful to be back at one feeding at night.  The downside is the number of shirts that don't show is tummy are very small.  Hopefully, this isn't an omen of things to come in his teenage years.

Tim was preparing of exams which are the rest of this week and next week.  His calling has also been keeping him very busy.  He found out that we have a family moving into our ward that speaks a common language among our Burmese members and they speak English.  The ward has struggled to help the new members because of the language barrier.  We haven't had a chance to meet them yet, but we are all crossing our fingers that they will be able to help us.  He also went out with the missionaries to teach a man who has a date to be baptized on Christmas Eve.

Work was busier this week for me.  I was able to reach out and contact most of my teachers.  I am up to 40 teachers, from across the state.  I was speaking to one and she mentioned her students were having an inside recess because the weather was cold.  She was located in west Texas on the border of New Mexico.  Houston was much warmer.

Saturday was really busy for us.  I had a Christmas treat exchange in the morning.  I also went to help someone in the ward set up decorations for the Christmas party that night.  Tim was on baby duty and trying to study.  In the evening we went to the party.  It was the first time I had had BBQ for a Christmas dinner.  Only in Texas!

Hyrum this week started clapping and waving.  He doesn't do either consistently, but we have been practicing more with him.  He has been practicing more with his fingers and strengthening his muscles.  We are getting less whole arm movement and more controlled movement with his hands.  He has become more alert during sacrament meeting.  He enjoys staring at everyone during church.  Yesterday we had a really pretty violin musical number.  He has become more interested in music and listening.  Often he will start waving his arms and calling out.

We also had our first big problem with Hyrum getting into things he shouldn't.  Saturday, I was cleaning up in the kitchen and it was quiet so I went to find him.  I noticed one of my tall plants was missing as I rounded the corner.  Come to find out Hyrum had pulled it down and was playing in dirt.  Awesome!  He is getting really fast at pulling himself to get into mischief.

That is all from Houston.  I will try to be better this next week at taking pictures.

Comments

Parental Units said…
Love that he was playing in the dirt. I have a picture of his mother playing in the dirt and is filthy but happy and smiling.
Parental Units said…
This comment has been removed by the author.