A Mommy first...

Purely for your enjoyment...It just kills we the way he sleeps.  I am not sure how it is comfortable, but hey...he is asleep!


This week was a little hard on us all.  We are feeling better, but we all have runny noses.  Hyrum has done battle with his old nemesis...the nose syringe.  He hates it, but man can he breathe after I get all the gunk out.  One day he will learn to blow his nose and all will be well.

I had an experience this week that was new for me.  I was heading out to go grocery shopping after getting Hyrum in bed.  I looked in the mirror and saw something on my shirt...I looked closer at it because I couldn't think what it was.  Then it dawned on me, yep you guessed it, he wiped his baby goo on me.  Gross!  After it settled in that I was now a walking Kleenex, I figured it was validation for my mommy card.

Besides the nose problems in our house, things are going well.  Tim finished up radiology week.  By the end he felt more comfortable with it, but still thinking he needs lots of practice and time to learn everything there is to know about radiology.  He had his exam on Thursday and then his Spring break began.  He will be spending in studying for STEP.  I am sure he will fit in some more playing with Hyrum and racquetball.

I spent the week finalizing a big project.  Things should be calm for me this coming week as all of my teachers will be on break.  I can finally catch up with everything I have had to put on hold.  My week was pretty normal, including a crazy Sunday.  

Tim played the single parent on Sunday, so I could do Primary.  The time change killed our routine and Tim had to deal with it.  He skipped his first nap, fell asleep while nursing, skipped lunch, ate a huge snack, and a late dinner.  Tim usually takes care of Hyrum during 2nd and 3rd hour.  Babies and Primary don't mix.  I found them after church and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Don't be mad."  I heard the list of things that happened and looked at Hyrum who was not only food dirty, but dirt dirty.  It was a hard day.

After church we ran home to get a couple of things done before I had to leave again for a Primary meeting.  Tim was able to get Hyrum to take a miracle nap.  They also shared some laughs.  I saw this pictures and my first thought was, "Alrighty campers...are you ready?"  I think he looks so funny with the hat and pacifier.  We don't typically let him have it, but sometimes he finds it and plugs it right in. 

 Last week we were brave and gave him some of our dinner.  He enjoyed it.  We have been giving him adult food, but it is different than our dinner, like steamed veggies.  This week we took the dive and prepared some our dinner for him.  It was taco salad, so I pulled out some of the mixture for him before I put the spices in for us.  Tim was a champ and prepared the tortillas and fed him, while I was away.  The word is that he loved it and ate a lot more than we thought he would.  I think we are quickly going to phase out of baby food.  I am excited for it, but now I have to learn out to cook for three instead of two!

Here's to another week!

Comments