First Haircut!

Compared to last week's adventures this was a calm quiet week.  Tim finish yet another week of tests.  He has three more and then he will be done with classes and studying for the Step.  I think we are both ready for him to be done with Step.  It kind of consumes your thoughts and eats away at your life.  He hasn't had any other responsibilities because he doesn't have a calling or home teaching to worry about.  He did play some racquetball and exercised some.  Other than that, his life is all about the studying...boring!

Not that I can say much because my life isn't much more interesting.  I am so close to finishing up my caseload of teachers.  I have just a handful left and then I will be done for the summer.  It's too bad I don't actually have a summer, but it's a job.  Besides keeping up with things at the house nothing big really happened until the weekend.  I was given a calling as the Relief Society secretary, so things are back to busy starting this week with a meeting.  Not going to lie...I was happy it wasn't to the Young Women's because they needed a whole presidency.  I haven't been a secretary before, so this will be a good experience.  Now that the weather is nice, I have been taking Hyrum out walking just before bed.  I like exercising again.  Unfortunately, it is starting to get hot here.

It was a quiet week for Hyrum.  The biggest news for him was his first haircut.  I put a before and after below.  There isn't too much of a change.  The back is shorter to get rid of the nappy hair and I cut around his ears because it was getting very long.  I was worried how he would handle it but he did great.  It took about five minutes and he was done.

He is getting really good at squatting and standing up again.  I think in the next few weeks he will figure out how to stand with out the wall.  He continues to love his fruits and veggies.  I am always surprised how much he likes food, but there are certainly a few things he doesn't like.  We have found that he doesn't like potatoes in any form, not even chunked.  He also will not take anything smooth that resembles baby food.  We also can't get him to eat hamburger or sausage, except for the links.  It's weird!  We gave him mango yesterday and he gobbled it up.

Church has become tricky...well I am discovering how hard it is with him.  Since I was in Primary, Tim had him 2nd and 3rd hour.  By third hour he is 2 hours past his nap, which he refuses to take without his crib.  We are able to get through most of sacrament meeting without needing to take him out, but once he is done, we have to run.  He is chatty as ever and is getting better at following directions, except when he doesn't want to do what we want and he completely ignores us. 😒

Oh, he did have his 12 month appointment.  He is 25 pounds and 31 inches.  Basically, he is really big.  The doctor said he is right on track for everything and for that I am grateful!

I think that is all the news we have.  Tim should be free come this time next week...well kind of!

Comments