New rotation!

Tim started his new rotation last week.  He is now doing urology.  He has enjoyed it, but it doesn't seem like he is as busy as he normally was during surgery.  He has come to the conclusion that he may like other areas besides family medicine, so he continues to keep his options open.  He isn't as busy this time.  He is typically home for dinner and he doesn't have any weekend hours.  His next rotation will require weekend hours, but that is a couple of months away.  He is continuing to work on balancing being on the go all day and trying to study.  It's very different from what he was used to.
I continue to look for work.  I have turned in some applications, but it is the waiting game.  I have continued to feel at peace with our situation.  I really have enjoyed my time with Hyrum.  It is so much easier to balance being a mom and when you aren't throwing in a job in the mix.  With the time of have not working I have found other things to keep me busy.  This week in particular I will be helping several families watch kids or take care of animals.  I hardly ever was able to serve when I was working full time, so it is a nice change to be needed and able to help.

Hyrum is a hoot!  He learned several words this week.  He can now say shoe, eye, ear, teeth, and the newest one is toes.  He still only says words when he feels like it...you can't make him do anything he doesn't want to do or say.  We spent lots of time outside in the heat.  One more month of humid misery and then I will more happily spend hours outside playing with cooler weather.  He can be dripping sweat, but happy as a lark.

He has also started petting his stuffed animals and saying, "ohh," with a scrunched nose.  Very cute!  He has also become by buddy in the kitchen.  It is always hard to get things done with him saying, "see, see, see," until I hold him or he gets frustrated because I can't hold him and he can't see. He has been using the step stool and that has helped so much.  He climbs up and down on him own to watch what is happening.  One of my favorite things this week is that he has started blowing kisses has night.  I have done that for months, blowing a kiss to him as I walk out the door, but he started doing it on his own to me as I walk out.  It is so cute!

One of our outings this week was to the library.  I happened to make find that was awesome.  They had a board book for Jane Eyre, one of my favorite books.  Of course we checked it out.  I did some research and I they have other board books for classics.  They are really well done and give the essence of the story through just a few words and great pictures.  Hyrum has enjoyed looking at it!

That is about all from us!

Comments

Stephanie said…
We've checked those books out from our library as well! This is another series of board books based around classics that we've checked out a lot of from the library and we own a couple we got as a gift: https://babylit.com/collections/books/Classic-Lit. They each teach a concept (shapes, colors, feelings, etc) and have nice illustrations.

Good luck with the job hunt and the ever changing schedule of rotations!