Baking!

Oh my was it hot this week!  One step outside and we were drenched!  Thank goodness the Summer is almost over and we will be getting cooler weather.

As from the title you can guess we did lots of baking this week.  With me being home I have more time to do things.  Tim, of course, is not complaining!  Dinner this week was pizza, so I made pizza a couple of times.  I was surprised at how well Hyrum did in the kitchen.  He got up on the step ladder and watched as the mixer mixed and creations were made.


He also helped make cookies...

And banana chocolate chip muffins.


Basically he was a champ in the kitchen and was well compensated for his efforts. 

Tim finished up his surgery rotation.  He took his Shelf exam, which is a national test that all students have to take.  It goes on his transcript.  He was worried because he did have as much time as he hoped to study.  There wasn't much he could have done because he was on a very time consuming rotation.  He left feeling less than positive, but we will just have to wait and see.  We found out that his next rotation will start in Conroe, which should be considered an away rotation, because it will take over an hour to get there.  Luckily, it's only four weeks and you can do almost anything for four weeks.  

I stayed busy with Hyrum doing the mom thing, which I love!  I find it fascinating to watch him.  He is constantly learning and growing.  I have really enjoyed this age.

Speaking of Hryum...he is growing like a weed!  He just had another growth spurt.  He wears 24-2T in shirts and 18-24 months in shorts.  I have officially put away all of his onesies.  He looked like such a big boy this Sunday in his new church shirt.

 It was a big battle week for him.  He started off with molars.  Not one, not two, but three came in this week.  Poor things shirt was soaked from the drool, but today it has drastically decreased.  It looks like he has two more front teeth coming in, but I am not sure.  I think he was able to out maneuver the teeth for a successful win.  He next battled the toy chest.  I am sad to say he lost, majorly.  He misjudged the distance to the toy chest when he sat down and ended up hitting his teeth on it.  He was shocked for a second and then the blood started and boy did it bleed...he avoided the chest for the rest of the day.  His last battle was nap time.  I guess this was more of a battle for me.  We officially dropped his morning nap.  We moved up lunch time a little and he goes down right at noon for about a two hour nap, sometimes three, which is crazy awesome!  I call it a win!  Now that he has dropped it, I am hoping to be able to take him to story time at the library.  We will have to wait until we have the car in a month, but it should be fun.

He has begun to climb more on chairs and counters.  It's a little scary and I wish he was more afraid.  I suppose I will have to be stressed and afraid for the both of us.  We have been working on body parts, clothes and animals.  He says most of the body parts and clothes, and will point to the animals.  He knows eye, ear, mouth, teeth, hair, head, hand, finger, nose, toes, monkey, tiger, elephant, dog, cat, shirt, shorts, socks, and shoes.  I am always surprised at what he knows and understands.  He continues to love looking at books, destroying towers, making messes and running.  Sometimes I wish I could bottle up his energy!

That's about all from us.  We are going to watch the solar eclipse today...hope you can too!

Comments