Fall Break!

We had a great week!  Tim had the entire week off, so we were able to see him more than we usually do.  He did put in some time studying and trying to figure out the next few months and what would help him be the best candidate for the residency program he applies to.  He also spent time working on his calling.  He spent several hours cleaning the clerk's office and reading up on some of the things that he needs to be doing.  I won't dwell too much on that, because it's not the good stuff!

We started off our week with pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes and buttermilk syrup.  Both very tasty, but had zero nutritional value.  Tim said best when he said it's like eating cookies for 
breakfast.  We invited one of Tim's classmates over for breakfast and he also joined us on our zoo adventure.


Some friends of ours gave us a couple of free passes to the zoo, so we all went and enjoyed the cool weather, which we had all week.  It was very nice to be outside and not drenched.  I think our favorite animal was the seal.  Hyrum enjoyed watching how fast they swim.   He also took a ride on a lion.  It was if first amusement ride, and he didn't know quite what to think, but I did see a few smiles.


That night I made ribs.  They were tasty and we were able to get Hyrum to eat some of the meat off the bone.  We have always had trouble with him and meat. He doesn't seem to like the texture.  I guess the trick all along has been to make sure it is on a bone.


The rest of the week we tried to make time together to be outside and playing.  Tim took Hyrum out to run a few times, which was really nice.  Usually I am the one that is outside of a couple of hours every day.  I was able to get some things done like dinner without a child calling/yelling for my attention.

Tim and I watched a couple of movies this week.  We were lucky they came in at the library.  Unfortunately, we stayed up later than we usually do.  It's fun when you do, but the older we get the harder it is for us to bounce back.  It is really hard for Tim because he has to be up so earlier to be at the hospital this coming week.

We also did haircuts this week.  Hyrum isn't too crazy about it, but we have found the power of Youtube.  He just zones out!

I also made spaghetti squash spaghetti.  I had never done it before and it turned out really tasty.  Hyrum gobbled it down, so that is always a plus.


On Friday we went to the Children's Museum.  Tim and I had never been, but Hyrum had gone with his babysitter.  We had a lot of fun!  Houston does have some fun attractions.  Hopefully, we will be able to visit some more in the next year and a half.

Saturday we carved our pumpkin.  Hyrum took a few handfuls of the insides out.  I was surprised that he did.  We did it outside, so his attention of divided and didn't last long with the pumpkin.  I was happy that we at least did something for Halloween and the Fall season.


Sunday was a big day for us.  We have been working with Hyrum on becoming aware of needing to use the bathroom.  We try to let him sit on the toilet every day and sometimes we have been lucky.  Most of the time he just sits and gets comfortable with sitting on the toilet.  Sunday morning he said poo poo several times and so I took him in and we went all by himself!!  It was definitely a proud mom moment.  We still have  a long way to go before he is potty trained, but it is a start!

I helped with the primary program.  I was in charge of the CTR 4 class.  They are super cute and did great with their parts.  Hyrum is also officially in nursery.  We were in the hall after sacrament meeting and they said to just take him in.  He has done well every time, so it wasn't a big deal.  I went to pick him up and he was just fine.  It was so nice to just sit and listen for the rest of church.  It's been a very long time since I have been able to do that. 

Hyrum continues to grow like a weed.  I noticed that some of his pajamas are tighter on him.  I guess if he is going to grow out of his clothes it's best to do it before a new season starts rather than in the middle and have to buy two wardrobes.  His new favorite words are soccer ball and bicycle.  It's really cute when he says them.  We have also been working on him asking nicely for help rather than coming and yelling at me.  He has started to say please...he says, "Pee," as he hands what he wants to me. 

That's about all from us.  We are back to a normal week with Tim being in the hospitals.  Two more months and we will hopefully be on an easier rotation schedule.

Comments