Let the Family Time Begin!

We made it through the week!  I can now officially talk about the break and having Tim with us all the time.  Tim was in the hospital until Wednesday.  He then had a day to study before taking his exam on Friday.  Between Monday and Friday we had a lot happen.

For starters, Hyrum figured out how to get his shoes on.  He has been trying for a while to get his foot in.  I was in the kitchen when he came walking in saying, "Shoe, shoe."  I was surprised to see a shoe on his foot.

We also went to our local library to visit Santa.  The second Santa came out he said, "No," and hid himself.  We were able to get knuckles, but that was about it.


We tried to play outside every afternoon, but try is all we could do.  Hyrum is a hot weather child.  He doesn't last long outside before he is saying he wants to go inside.  I think it's really funny, because it's in the 50s and can't wait get back inside.

I decided that we needed to celebrate Tim being done with his semester.  He left early Friday morning to take his exam.  I made some pizza and a chocolate peanut butter trifle.  Unfortunately, the picture I took of the trifle didn't take, but it was a doozy!  We invited other students over to share...there was not way we could eat it all by ourselves.


Saturday morning we went to the Galleria to look at the Christmas lights and decorations.  We also went to the Waterwall.  It's a random waterfall in the middle of a bunch of skyscrapers.  It was interesting to visit.  We couldn't get Hyrum to walk around, he had on a sour face for most of the time...not a fan of the cold.



Here we are at the mall.  We stood in front of the tree like we did last year.  I was looking at our picture from last year and Hyrum has change so much!  Tim and I look older, but that can't be helped.


 Saturday was also the ward Christmas party.  I was in charge of cooking 21 pounds of pork.  I had three crock-pots going all day.  I learned that not all crock-pots are created equal.  One was done an hour early, one was done on time, and one wasn't finished until Tim brought Hyrum.  I went early to finish setting up and then stayed after to clean up.  The food was tasty and there was plenty of laughter.


Hyrum went back to nursery without a problem.  He needed a diaper change during snack and he was a little concerned to leave his cheese and grapes.  We had no problem getting him back, because he wanted snack.

We have Tim for the next two weeks.  We are taking it way day at a time enjoying the time we have!

Comments