Snow day!

 Houston is having some crazy weather this year.  We had another snow day in Houston...well more of an ice day.  Monday, Tim received an email from his school about Houston being in a snow advisory.  We looked at the weather and we were supposed to have snow and freezing rain.  The temperature had been in the low 30's so we figured we should be prepared.

It had started to rain during the night.  The temperature was supposed to drop during the day, so the roads were still good.  On our way to drop Tim off at the clinic he got a call saying it was closed, so he had a snow day.  The temperature continued to drop and the roads got worse.  Wednesday ended up being a half day as well, because the roads had not had a chance to clear.  In our area it wasn't too bad, but we heard from others that in surrounding areas the roads were really bad. 

I was NOT taking Hyrum outside...I have my limits!  Tim came up with a fort/tunnel that kept Hyrum entertained.  He has been on a kick recently where he will run circles around the couch.  I do my best, but apparently all my efforts to go running at night hasn't helped me to keep up with him.


The temperature was warmer every day and we were able to go outside for a little bit each day.  On Thursday, Hyrum went with me to visit teach a sister.  I always try to be prepared with toys, but not matter what I bring he would rather play with their toys.  I did really well this time.

Saturday the weather was beautiful and in the 70's.  Tim took Hyrum out for a bit to play so I could break in the new rolling pin.  I have to say that it works like a dream.  Hyrum and Tim were both excited to get some cinnamon rolls.


We have enjoyed early church.  It is nice to get home at a decent time so that Hyrum can go down for a nap...except for today, when he refused to go to sleep which is really uncommon for him.  So, I am currently listening to Tim tell him that he can't swallow magnets, or dump his water...all of which he knows he is not supposed to do.  Life is so much more dramatic when you miss a nap.  Somebody is going to be early!

Tim finished up his dermatology rotation and is moving on to geriatrics.  It will only be one week and then he will do his neurology rotation.  He is currently thinking he will do derm.  We will see if it sticks, because we seem to change with every rotation.

That is about all from us.  Despite the weather, we had a really calm week, which we needed. 

Comments