Rain, rain go away!

I'll start off by saying sorry for not having pictures.  I guess it balances out with the post last week.  I promise we did do things this week.  :)

We have had lots of rain.  We are in our rainy season, so it is either perfect outside or raining.  It just seems like it is raining more than it is sunny.  Hyrum always does better when he is outside, so I tried to take him for walks in between showers.  Sometimes it is easier said than done...there must be something about puddles that just calls to kids, or maybe it is just Hyrum.

Last week I mentioned how Hyrum had been struggling to fall asleep, well it worked itself out.  He is back to sleeping like a champ.  Perhaps the cold had something to do with the change in him wanting to sleep.  He ended up with a stuffy nose, which is always hard for him, because he is a back sleeper so it drains down his throat and it's hard to breathe period.  We are still keeping some of our new practices to try to keep him calm, but we have let up on some others.  I'm just thankful it's over...for now.

Hyrum and I did lot's of cooking/baking this week.  He woke up on Monday and said he wanted pancakes for breakfast, so we made pancakes.  That is one nice thing about being home...I have the freedom to grant requests without needing to plan ahead.  Tim isn't complaining!  We also made granola.  I have never had much luck with it, but the daughter of the family that watched Hyrum had a recipe that she uses and she sent it to me and it worked!  I really like it and it is was way easier than any other attempt I had every made.  We also made calzones and papusas.  It is really fun to listen to Hyrum say the words. 

Speaking of words.  This week he discovered two new stories..."There's a Wocket in My Pocket" and "Green Eggs and Ham."  He is a big fan of the two and I had the privilege of reading them several times a day.  His new favorite word is "say."  In the second story a character responds using the word and Hyrum has taken to just saying with expression a random times.  It's really funny.  He continues to learn songs.  Some songs I am surprised that he remembers because he only hears them on our children's CDs in the car.  He is getting better at using the words you, my, and I properly.  He has also improved with his counting.  I think it's really funny.  He says, "1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9."  We're still missing a few, but we'll take it!

Tim had a busy week.  He finished up with neurology, took an exam, worked really hard to finish a case report, met with another resident and picked up a potential 8 more, and played in a soccer game.  The soccer game was the highlight of his week.  I think he is going to play in the championship games this coming week as well.  He wasn't overall pleased with his performance with this game.  Everyone seemed to be off just a little.  Hyrum and I still had fun cheering.  Hyrum was also really good a cheering for the other team which got some chuckles.  We'll just call it good sportsmanship.

I just did the mom thing and helped clean the church building on Saturday.  I always clean the chapel and spend a lot of time vacuuming crumbs off the pews.  There is a certain satisfaction going to church the next day knowing the chapel is super clean.  I have also decided that if we ever have a girl she will NEVER own a shirt, dress, skirt, or jacket with glitter.  It's the worst to clean off and anyone who wears glitter to church has never had to vacuum it up.  If they had then they would get rid of it immediately!

Anyway, that is all from us this week.  We hope you have a safe and happy week!

Comments