St. Patrick's Day

We hope everyone had a great week and enjoyed St. Patrick's day...we sure did.  But, before we get to Saturday, let's start with Monday.

Our week was busy, but not busy.  Hyrum and I spent lots of time outside enjoying the weather.  The days seem to go by quickly when we are outside.  We already have tans and it isn't even April!  Hyrum has really enjoyed playing on the playground.  As he gets older he seems better able to focus and spend more time doing one thing.  I am grateful for it because I get exhausted trying to keep up with him as he flits around.

Tuesday we went to the library.  We have been getting more books for Hyrum.  We read the same books over and over and he is getting better at telling the story using the pictures.  I am always surprised at what he remembers from the stories.  He does have a very good memory...he didn't get it from me! 

Speaking of memory.  He has developed a passion for singing.  Unfortunately, he chooses to practice at bedtime, but again I am always surprised at the variety of songs he remembers and the words he knows.  He is getting really good with his ABC's.  He doesn't say each of the letters, but he says sound for each.  Basically, he is a chatterbox...that he gets from me.

Thursday I had an appointment.  I took Hyrum with me, which went a lot better than I expected.  I usually walk to the appointments, so I put him in the stroller.  The appointment went well and we still couldn't tell the gender.  The baby had their legs crossed, much to Tim's disappointment.  Hyrum had a blast, because the doctor gave him a glove balloon and two large q-tips, which he turned into drum sticks. 

Tim's week revolved around school.  He has one week left of family medicine.  It's been a busy month for him with the long office hours and working on case reports.  There hasn't been much time for studying for his exam, which we've heard is more difficult than most because the material is so broad.  On a brighter note, he is almost ready to turn in a case report and after spring break he will be on psych, which hopefully will be easier...just our luck it won't.

Friday, he studied and I did some prep work for Saturday.  We celebrate our anniversary on St. Patrick's day, because it is the day we started dating and we got married two days after Christmas and it's just a difficult time of year.  So, Tim studied in the evening, so that he could give up some of his Saturday.

Hyrum and I went to pick him up and we went out to dinner.  It was a Mexican and Mediterranean Grill.  A really small restaurant.  We went there last year and Tim likes their Mexican food.  Hyrum enjoyed eating my burger and fries and Tim's beef burrito. 

We went home and enjoyed an ice cream brownie cake.  Tim really liked...well we all did.  It was mint and green for St. Patrick's day. 


We also had some quality family time outside.  The only downside was it was 85 and very humid.  Hyrum is a Texas baby, because it doesn't seem to bother him.  He also likes the fact that Tim can do the guy stuff like flying and chasing.  I just don't have much energy or strength to do that, because Hyrum is huge and just had another growth spurt and my muscles haven't caught up yet.  In the evening Tim and I enjoyed the new Thor movie, which conveniently came in to the library this week, so we could watch it.


Sunday was a normal day for us.  Hyrum continues to love nursery and flirting or watching everyone behind us in church.  Hopefully, it's not too much of a distraction, but he really doesn't care for any of the activities I bring.  He would just rather people watch and wave to the people he knows across the chapel.

I don't know about you, but I have really enjoyed the new curriculum for third hour at church.  I have come away every Sunday with thoughts and things to think about and improve.  It has just been a great experience to learn, grow and see the changes and blessings that are coming through obedience.  Tim and I are really excited for General Conference.  We are even more excited because it falls during his Spring break, so he won't have distractions.

Dinner this week is Costa Vida.  Boy do I love Costa Vida.  It is a Mexican restaurant that isn't in Houston.  I made the chicken, pico, and tomatillo dressing, which all turned out tasty.  Now the rice was a different story.  I am not sure what I was thinking trying to make rice on the stove, but for some reason I thought this time would be different making the cilantro lime rice.  Well, I was talking with a friend when I smelled something burning.  Thank goodness the fire alarms didn't go off, but the pot was outside and I had to use some good old fashion elbow grease to clean the pot.  I was able to salvage part of the rice and it only tasted slightly burned.

Tim was playing outside with Hyrum and I warned him that the house smelled.  When we got in, his comment was something to the effect you weren't kidding.  In all the dinner was tasty and Hyrum enjoyed it as well..  Tim chose to eat his taco style, and I did mine salad style. Most importantly the goal was to help me eat lettuce.  I have always enjoyed chef salad or a garden salad, but for some reason with this pregnancy looking at lettuce makes my stomach turn.  Whenever I am pregnant seem to really enjoy all things Mexican and Asian.  I wondered if I mixed the lettuce with something that tastes tastier than average while pregnant if I could eat it and it worked! 


Thank you Costa Vida!  Until next week!

Comments