Houston Temple

Great news for Tim...he has been accepted to two away rotations.  One will be in Utah and the other in Galveston.  The only downside is that we found out the school scheduled Tim for a class in Houston during his time in Utah.  They said they would be able to work with Tim; we just have to wait as they are not making changes for another week.  I am going to hold them to it, because I would like to go to Utah!

Tim continues to plug along with his rotation.  He has one more week and then he will be heading into his last rotation of third year.  It is crazy to think we are almost done.  I am pretty sure I have said this in every post for the last month...can you tell I am excited!

Hyrum had a play date with a little girl from church.  Her mom had a doctor's appointment so she came and played with us.  They pretended to sleep and my thought the whole time was why it wasn't easier when the real deal comes around at nap and bedtime. 


 We spent plenty of time outside working on our tans and getting dirty.  Houston is officially hot and HUMID!  Not very excited about the humidity, but it is what it is.  Big news this week...we acquired a dog.  I am very happy with it because it is in the form of a stick, so I don't have to pay for shots or food and the "dog" stays outside.  The best part is that Hyrum is totally happy.  His imagination is taking off!

The Houston temple just opened up, so we made the trip this weekend.  I thought it would be a lot busier than it was, but we didn't have much of a wait.  We did sealings, which was a lot of fun.  There was a sister who brought in whole families to be sealed.  I have done them before, but it is always cool to seal a whole family.  Hyrum stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Zimmerman.  They told us he spent most of the time outside, which didn't surprise me in the least.  We were able to take these pictures.  Hyrum always wants to be on the other side of the camera taking pictures, so it is a challenge to get him to sit still and look at the camera.  He is growing up!

This coming weekend we will be going up to Fort Worth to visit dad and Brian.  Hyrum and Brian have never met and I am excited for them to get together.  I am also excited for Hyrum to spend time with his cookie buddy (a.k.a Grandpa Kluber).  We are also going to pick up some of my stuff that mom and dad have been storing for a while and get a bunk bed for Hyrum.  It's about time to transition to big bed, because I am down to about 3 1/2 months until baby #2 needs the crib.  Crazy!!

Comments