Utah!

Hyrum and I spent time getting ready for Utah, which included cleaning the house, lots of laundry, and making sure the fridge was cleaned out.  I also had other things to take care of like bills, rent, and my calling.  There is a lot that is done during the month and it makes for a busy week!

There was a storm in the Gulf, so we had quite a bit of rain this week.  We didn't get outside to play, not that we do any way with the humidity.  All the rain has done wonders for our sunflowers.  We planted them back in March and they have really shot up in the last few weeks.  And speaking of shooting up, we were looking at this picture later and noticed that Hyrum is half Tim's height.  He is growing fast!


Hyrum continues to have good and bad days.  The last molar has finally popped!  It took forever, but I can see a tooth coming through.  I am glad to not have to worry about teeth for a few months.  He continues to learn words and songs and has become more imaginative in his play.  He has a pile of stuffed animals that joined us at the table for meals, because they needed to eat and they got to play with Hyrum's cars and read scriptures with him.  We were playing with play dough and he decided that dad needed one and he needed one.  Hyrum's is on the left and dad's is on the right.

Notice the size difference?  Tim did too and thought is was rather uneven.  I just think Hyrum's putting Tim on a diet.  He is a funny kid!

Tim finished OB on Tuesday.  I think it was a relief.  He never seemed to have as much time as he needed to complete readings and to study.  Wednesday was a study for him and then he took his exam on Thursday.  He felt the test was really hard, so we will just have to wait and see how he did.  It feels great to finally be able to say we are starting our 4th year of medical school.  Tim is excited to start his away rotation in Utah.

Friday we left early in the morning for Lubbock.  We were able to stay with Tim's brother for the evening and catch up on life.  Hyrum enjoyed playing with his cousin who is just four months younger, so basically they're the same age.  It was fun to see them interacting and playing.  Another mile stone for Hyrum was that he got close enough to their dog to pet him.  Typically the closer the dog gets the more scared Hyrum gets, but he didn't run away and it was great!

We left at 5:30 in the morning on Saturday.  We made good time all day, with Hyrum doing well.  I was amazed at how well he did.  He spent a lot of time looking at windmills, cows, horses, tractors, and motorcycles.  I really didn't have to pull out any activities that I prepared.  The last few hours were the hardest.  Tim and I made a wrong turn and ended up having to back track, which put us an hour behind schedule.  Not sure what it is about Hurricane, Utah, but every time we have had to turn around.  By the time we made it to the I-15 we were all a little frazzled and ready to be done. 

We made it in one piece and got some good sleep, which was much needed!  Thankfully, mom's church is a little later, so we had a relaxing Sunday morning.  Tim left after sacrament meeting to get up to Salt Lake.  He will begin his rotation on Monday. 

Hyrum had plenty of time to play with grandma.  He is in music heaven!  He also discovered the ladder and had enjoyed climbing up and down.  More adventures await on Monday and hopefully a slightly happier Hyrum as he gets more sleep!


Just a quick pregnancy update.  I am officially at 30 weeks!  The picture below was 29 weeks.  I have tried to take pictures at milestones like I did with Hyrum, but I haven't been on my A game with this one.  Oh well!  I had a doctors appointment and everything still looks good.  She is already head down and has been for almost a month and a half.  Very different from Hyrum, who didn't turn until the very end.  It makes for some discomfort as she digs into my ribs.  I am still feeling well.  I have stopped jogging and have gone to walking.  I am hoping to continue walking here in Utah, but even sitting here I am a little out of breathe.  The altitude is killer!


Any who...we look forward to our Utah adventures in the coming weeks!

Comments