Utah Adventures!

It took us a couple of days to get back on track with sleep.  Hyrum has done well with the transition...much better than I thought.  We started our Utah adventures with some water fun.  The weather has been so nice that some time at the pool has been a perfect way to spend an hour or two in the afternoon.  I have taken Hyrum to the pool and he hasn't played much, but the kiddie pool has been the ticket.  He enjoyed playing with tools, tractors, and boats.  He has enjoyed playing with tools, tractors, and boats inside too.  I guess grandma just has fun toys.  


We had errands to run with grandma most days, which broke up our days.  Probably one of the best errands was to practice the organ.  He got to "help" grandma practice, which was a hoot.  Not sure how much practice grandma got, but Hyrum sure had fun.  He also liked the fact that my mom's church building has a massive gym...with an orange ball.  He honed in on the ball as soon as the lights turned on.  

 There has been plenty of instrument fun!  Besides the organ he has played the lap harp, the piano, and pushed the buttons on a sax.  He wasn't sure about blowing on it.  He was also able to watch my mom play the bassoon.  I am always amazed at how still he will sit for music.  Usually, he is on the go with two speeds fast and super fast.


Speaking of fast and super fast...his new thing is to run through the house saying, "They should not run through the house with kites."  He is quoting The Cat and the Hat where Thing One and Two are running around the house flying kites.  It's really funny to watch him run back and forth.  I'm just glad I can sit while he runs. 

Other highlights of our week include seeing lots of smoke from forest fires surrounding us, seeing horses, cows, and tractors, the Cedar City Temple, baking and delivering cookies to neighbors, and hurting his foot not once but twice.  It wasn't serious, but enough for Hyrum to feel he needed to be carried so he didn't further hurt his foot.  Drama. King.

Tim is doing well with his rotation.  From what I can gather he has enjoyed every doctor he has worked with, but still feels like he doesn't know what is going on.  There is so much he feels he doesn't know, but I do think this will be a good experience.  He has been able to spend some time with family and friends he hasn't seen since we left Utah three years ago.  Time sure does fly!

Speaking of time flying...we have approximately 9 weeks until we are a family of four.  I had a moment this week where it hit home that we were getting really close and that it was probably time to start talking names again.  We are the worst at names!  I am still feeling well, just low on oxygen.  I think the higher altitudes have been more difficult to adjust to and I'm not sure I will adjust by the time we leave.  Now that we are down to the last two months, I am starting to get bigger fast.  I felt with Hyrum that it was slow going until about this time and then I just got big and had to watch where I was going so I didn't hit people.  Poor Hyrum has been bonked a couple of times and is running out of lap space.  It's sad, but funny at the same time to watch him try to get on my lap only to slide right off because there is not room for him.

Any who...I hope everyone enjoys a safe July 4th and remembers all we have because of those who have and still do sacrifice for our freedoms!

Comments