Where has the time gone!

What a week!  December is disappearing fast.  As I sat down to write about our week, my mind has gone blank.  I have to consult my lists for the week to figure out that in fact things did happen this week.  So, here we go.

Monday was a busy day, because well, Mondays are always busy days.  Even as a teacher, Monday's always seemed to jam packed.  Not teaching any more is no different.  I realized we had one more week until we were heading out of town for a month, so I needed to get cracking on December to do's.  I knocked out 4 ministering interviews, helped a sister look into apartments, and had a family over for dinner.  Thank goodness Tim is on break, because he can take one of the littles...specifically the crazy one.  Oh, and Lila started her growth spurt.  She hit her three month growth spurt with vigor by eating every 2-3 hours round the clock.  

Tuesday was a prep day for us and for Tim.  I do everything that isn't easy to do with one parent like taking out the garbage and Tim prepared for his Iowa interview.  Before he left we went to look at Christmas lights with Hyrum.  This year Christmas makes sense to him.  He still doesn't like Santa...more on that later...but the magic of Christmas is starting to hit him and it's fun to see him enjoy the traditions of Christmas and learn about the birth of the Savior.  

Tim left early Wednesday morning and flew in late Thursday.  The 48 hours in between are a blur.  I know things happened...I'm just not sure what happened, even my daily list of those days is incomplete.  Tim enjoyed Iowa and was impressed with their program.  He is learning that each program has its positives and negatives.  So far, he would be happy with any program he has visited.  Hyrum did mommy a solid and fell asleep on the couch.  He refuses to take naps and he still needs at least a 30 minute nap desperately as he is also getting of several times in the night, but doesn't get one.  It's a battle I'm choosing not to fight, because everyone is less angry if we just let it be.  Oh, well...this too shall pass.
  
We were all happy to have Tim home on Friday, especially because I had lots of cooking and baking to complete for the weekend.  Tim took Hyrum to the Children's Museum and had a blast.  Hyrum was able to drive cars and pretend to fill up with gas, so he was on cloud nine. 

Saturday was our party day.  We started the day by being an hour behind schedule...seems to be a theme in our life these days.  We used to be so punctual.  We have only one Houston tradition and that is to visit the Galleria Mall and see the huge Christmas tree.  We took both kids and took a picture.  

We then went to a UT student Christmas party.  It was fun to catch up with students.  Funny side note, all the students there were Mormon.  Santa was there as well and like last year Hyrum did not want to see Santa.  Santa was nice and interacted with him from a distance.  I did feel kind of bad for Santa, because there were a lot of children that didn't want to visit him.  


Lila on the other hand was a rock star and sat patiently with Santa.  At least one child loved him.


That evening we went to our ward Christmas party.  In true Texas style we had BBQ.  It was pretty tasty, but I do miss the traditional ham and potatoes.  I also miss being able to eat all the Christmas goodies...thanks to my dairy free diet.  There were some tasty looking treats.  I could only have the cookies that I brought.  But, who likes to eat their own baking when you can taste test other recipes, especially, the chocolate chip Andes Mint cookies that Tim said were delicious.  Grrr!

Any who that brings us to another Sunday of Hyrum hating nursery, Lila not getting naps, and Tim and I wondering where the day went.  Next week we will be following Tim to Lubbock for his interview before going to Oklahoma for Christmas.  Hyrum is pumped to go on our trip.  I'm just not sure he realizes how long the trip will be.  He did great this summer so hopefully we luck out again.

Comments