The week is over!

We are so glad the week is over at our house.  At least I am and I think Tim is happy as well.  It was just one of those weeks where we just couldn't win...not that we didn't try valiantly.  It was just one mishap after another.  This will also be a pictureless post...sorry.

I guess I should just take it one day at a time.  And I apologize ahead of time, because this isn't a super cheerful post, though some of it is more funny now looking back.  

Tim began his last week of this rotation.  He will start a new rotation next week.  Hyrum decided to start off Monday morning with biting Lila...on the face.  It was tiny bite either.  It was one that made her scream the kind of scream that tells me Hyrum did something very painful to her.  Poor thing sported Hyrum's teeth marks for several days.  Monday just kind of went downhill from there.  

Tuesday proved to be another boring day for Tim.  I'm not sure why this rotation was so slow, but it was enough for him to start looking to see if he could change rotations for the final two weeks, which he finishes in May.  Hyrum decided that it would be totally cool to put a whole role of toilet paper in the toilet.  It's never a good thing when your kid comes out saying they couldn't get the toilet paper to flush.  I had the pleasure of digging wads of wet toilet paper our of the toilet.  My favorite!

Wednesday, Hyrum and I did battle.  Our test of wills ended with Hyrum slamming Lila's door open during nap time and Mom putting Hyrum in timeout, so I could comfort a screaming baby.  We also had an issue come up with our apartment on North Carolina.  In about an hours time, we went from having a secure apartment to the second floor, to having either the third floor or a more expensive apartment.  We ended up with a first floor apartment at our price.  It was a bright spot during a some what dismal day.  

Thursday, Hyrum's ornery behavior was made clear when he woke up sick.  He had a stuffy nose and a terrible cough.  The cough would come and go, but seemed worse during the night.  Tim and I were up several times over the next couple of days.  I should also add that we were asked to speak in church on Sunday, so both of us were trying to fit in time to work on our talks.  I also had some extra things come up that needed attention throughout the week.  

Friday hit and Tim was able to switch his rotation to anesthesiology for May.  He has heard the doctor he will be working with does a great job of teaching and he should finish earlier in the day.  He has wanted to work with a doctor doing sports physicals and the new rotation should give him some extra time to do it.  I was able to finish my talk and we made plans to meet up with Tim's parents at the temple.  

We made it out the door on time and had to turn around because we forgot Hyrum's shoes.  I'm not sure why it's so difficult for us to remember the shoes, but I am grateful we remembered closer to home than the temple.  I was able to attend a session at the temple.  This is the first time that I have been able to do anything other than the things that I can be out in less than an hour.  It was wonderful to feel the peace in the temple.  We were able to visit with Tim's parents and enjoy some calm family time.  

I thought we were going to make it to Sunday without any more problems, but I went to feed Lila at 10:30 and she ended up having a stomach bug, which required a full bath and a load of laundry.  She wasn't running a fever, but kept heaving for about an hour.  I ended up sleeping on the floor next to her so I could hear her and thankfully she didn't have any more issues.  She was probably the happiest sick baby I have ever seen.  She would let out a cry after heaving and then go back to smiling.  We decided to throw in the towel and call it quits.  I stayed home with both kids and Tim went to represent our family and give his talk. 

Despite all of the happenings of this week, I am very grateful to have been able to attend the temple.  Both Tim and I had small victories that will be blessings for us later.  I am very excited for General Conference, especially since I read some speculation about what President Nelson will announce.  Bring it on!  Until next week! 

Comments