Graduation week!

Miracle of miracles!  Tim's attending told him on Monday that he didn't have to come in the rest of the week.  It was so nice to have him around a little more during the week.  He was still gone most every day doing sports physicals, but he was able to play with Hyrum so I could pack a box or two.  

We are entering the last phase of moving.  There are empty cupboards and lots of boxes already, but things will get real on Monday!  I am packing up all kitchen items including pots and pans, dishes, and cooking utensils.  I went shopping and looked for meals that I could put in the microwave and required zero prep.  It's won't be the most healthy, but it will serve its purpose.      

The kids are growing like weeds.  I can't remember if I have mentioned this, but Hyrum now his own working tune.  Most days I hear him singing his tune as he is working and building while I am getting ready in the morning.  As Lila is getting more mobile, he is learning what it means to truly share and I'm not so sure he likes it.  He usually ends up snatching toys from Lila and I have to break up and power struggle between the two.  Lila may be small, but she has the determination and grip to fill the gap.  We were trying to get a picture of the kids together, but it is impossible for them to share dad.  This pictures says it all.


I also tried to put Lila's hair up and was able to get a little ponytail.  First this Tim said when he got home was, "Hey Pebbles."  It's still a little tricky to get up because she has two layers of hair and she is super wiggly.  Hyrum was in Hot Wheels heaven!  The husband of the family that watched Hyrum while I was working collects Hot Wheel cars to sell.  He gave Hyrum a bunch and was so excited to rip open the packages and lines his new cars up.  There was even a John Deere. 


Wednesday, was my birthday.  Having just had a birthday, Hyrum was asking if he would get to have muffins and cake.  He was a little disappointed, but I think Tim came to the rescue.  We had already celebrated a little on Mother's Day, but Tim and Hyrum made cake in a bowl.  I may or may not have packed all of the baking pans, so they had to make due.  You also may have noticed their awesome hats.  Tim in his creative glory decided they were chef hats.  They both looked darn cute and Hyrum has been wearing his hat sideways and backwards pretending since.


Hyrum has also started helping in the kitchen.  He actually did a really good job scrubbing the dishes.  Know before you get super impressed, he has only helped a couple of times and I mostly do the dishes.  Baby steps!


And...drum roll...we have a Doctor!  Both of our parents made the trip into crazy Houston to see Tim graduate on Friday.  It was a relief to have him done.  I took Lila with me and she made eyes at the family behind us and did really well.  We opted to find a sitter for Hyrum, so he played with some friends, ate delicious peanut butter sandwiches (I guess mine aren't as good), and went swimming.  Judging by the tantrum he had when he got home...he had a blast.  


There won't be a post for a while due to traveling and getting settled, but there will be plenty of pictures to post on a couple of weeks!

Comments