Fall is here!

The weather was pretty much perfect this week.  We were in the mid 70's during the day and 50's at night.  We are definitely loving the weather compared to Houston.  We spent a lot of time outside this week walking, playing, and collecting sticks.  Funny story.  Tim and Hyrum were out playing while grounds was out mowing.  They started picking up Hyrum's sticks and he was not happy about them taking his sticks.

Any who, Tim has one more day on pulmonary.  He is ready to be done.  Lots of the same things that I have mentioned in weeks past.  The cases and hours are difficult.  On the bright side we have two weeks until his week off.  He has been asked to give a talk while he is off, so he has started working on that.

Hyrum had a great week.  As I mentioned already we spent lots of time outside.  I'm not sure what it is about those sticks, but they keep him entertained.  Usually, I say whatever and let him go...like today on the way home from church.  He found a large one (bigger than him) and proceeded to drag it home.  Pretty sure we were getting some funny looks from the members of our ward as they were driving by.  He has also been into dumping the crayons and pencils on the floor and making buildings and roads out of them.  It's interesting to see what he comes us with.

He continues to make up words during his play time.  This week's word that Tim and I both love is "comforate." I asked him what it meant and he said that it was to make something heal faster.  I thought it was a great word.  He still likes preschool, especially the day we make treats.

Lila has been walking more than crawling.  This means that she gets to be out of the stroller more.  She had a grand time this week exploring dirt, leaves, wood chips, and pine needles.  She had a bottom tooth fully erupt and she is working on the other side.  I can feel it under the gum; it hasn't come through yet.

It was a busy week for me with errands.  We made a Walmart run, which is always an adventure.  I don't feel like our Walmart is very well organized, so I spend half my time walking in circles trying to find things.  We also went and got the tires rotated.  The kids did great and the shop was super fast.  We got there just before a huge line came in.  We also made it to the library.  It was my week to teach the lesson in primary.  I have a new partner and we switch weeks.  For the lesson I needed rocks and surprisingly it was super difficult.  There just aren't many rocks.  I almost had Tim raid the nice decorative rocks a the hospital.  Luckily, Hyrum and I dug around outside and found a few, much to Tim's relief.

Here's to another week!

Comments