Dino and molartastic week!

I'll apologize up front...there won't be any pictures this week.  For some reason, the site won't let me upload.

It was a routine week.  Tim had the car, so we spent a lot of time at home.  The weather is getting chillier.  The late afternoons are really nice, but Hyrum has to wear a jacket until then.  Let me tell you...it's a battle every time.  He has never liked wearing a jacket, but he is in for a rude awakening because Chapel Hill winters are not like Houston winters.  He continues to enjoy preschool.  We are moving to slightly more difficult concepts and he is taking it in like a sponge.  We had the letter "I" this week and had ice cream.  He was very excited when he found out.  I managed to get it in the house without him seeing.

Friday was Tim's day off so we made a trip to the Natural History museum.  I was very impressed with it.  Not only was it free, but it was massive and well done.  The trip was spur of the moment.  We had planned on going, but Hyrum has been on a dinosaur kick the past couple of weeks, so we decided to make the trip earlier so we could look at their dinosaur bones.  We didn't tell Hyrum where we were going and Tim pointed out the dinosaurs from the window and Hyrum went crazy.  He yelled, "Dinosaur bones," and started running for the door.  Tim had to chase after him, but it was cute to see his excitement.  We didn't really get a chance to look at much, so we will be making another trip. 

Lila continues to grow.  She is trying out new sounds and trying to convey her desires, which don't often get met because I can't understand what she is saying...so it begins!  She has been really grouchy for the last couple of weeks.  Naps have been really hard and she doesn't stay pleasant like she usually does.  I figured she was working on her canine teeth, because they look like they are ready.  Well, she was singing in the tub this week and I caught a glimpse of molar!  I was so shocked.  I did some more investigating and found that the top and bottoms are coming in on the right side and the left side looks like they could come in at any time.  She has taken an interest in Hyrum's scooter and loves to stand on it.  I had a really cute picture of her wearing his helmet standing on it.  She also discovered that she can walk backwards.  It is really funny to watch her take tiny steps and slowly move.

Tim's work week was easier than usual.  He was able to leave in the afternoon and several days and the patient load has been easier.  This next week he will be back in Raleigh.  Nothing of interest for me, except for fighting a loosing mold battle.  Mold seems to be growing in odd places in our apartment and I am trying to get a handle on it.  That's it for us!

Comments