Molars and Prayers!

We continue to adjust to the cold.  It is definitely colder here than I thought it would be.  Night time temperatures are in the 20s and 30s.  We haven't made it outside as much, because with the colder temperatures we have also had rain.  It should be a little warmer this coming week with more days of sun, so hopefully we will get out more.  It should also be warmer now that our heater is fixed.  I have noticed with the colder temperatures that our heater was struggling to keep the apartment warm.  We found out the some wires were not in the correct spot and so the heater wasn't blowing out warm air.  We only had a few days of colder temperatures in the apartment.  Tim is finishing up his last week in Raleigh, so we will also have the car again, which means we can drive to some of the parks in search of other kids to play with.

Speaking of Tim...he had a long week...well a long two weeks.  There is so much to do and the extra travel time just makes for some longer days.  He will be back in Chapel Hill on Tuesday until after the first of the year.  Hopefully, it will be a good break before he is back in Raleigh.  He made it to church today.  He sat with the kids, while I was on the stand for the Primary program.  I also love it when he is at church because he works his magic and Lila gets a little nap.  Lila is better at sleeping in places other than her crib than Hyrum ever was.  Then again, he was also a social butterfly looking for the next kid or person to chase after.

Lila has had quite the week.  She has been grouchy for the last couple of weeks.  It all came to a head this week where she had about three days of terrible night sleep waking up multiple times and not so great naps.  I knew she was working on a second molar, but last night I notice she has a completely different molar in that I didn't have realize was working its way out.  I was even checking!  Towards the end of the week she finally slept through the night.  Lack of sleep didn't seem to stop her curiosity, in fact it amplified.  She discovered how to open our plastic drawers that are very easy to open.  I spend all of my time chasing after her and making sure she doesn't get things she shouldn't have and she continues to discover new drawers that she can open.  She continues to chatter and every day seems to understand more of what I am saying.  I love to see her figure things out.  According to Tim she also grew this week.  I believe it, because magically her pajamas seemed to shrink over night.

Hyrum is a character, not that he hasn't always been one.  He was focused on drafting buildings and being an architect this week.  Below is a picture of his plans and how he built a tent based on his plans.  He always surprises me with his new interests.  
His new Friend came this last week and we have been reading it.  The focus has been on prayers and being kind like Jesus.  For the past six months to a year he has refused to pray when previously he was so good about doing it.  It has been the last couple of weeks that he has finally been willing to pray.  I have even caught him praying for Lila to stop crying.  Mind you he was the reason for her crying.  Hopefully, by now you realize I am setting the stage for a doozy of a Hyrum story.  Last night we were coming home from the Primary program practice and Hyrum wasn't too crazy about it being so dark.  I pointed out to him that there were street lights all the way home.  Part of the way home he asked if he could say a prayer.  I figured it would be one of those that you just quickly say as you keep walking.  Nope he knelt down on the cold sidewalk and started praying about the lights and how he was glad we had lights and that he hoped we would get home safely.  I was trying so hard not to laugh and be serious, but I am sure those driving by were wondering what was going on.  About an hour later he came out of his bedroom saying that he had a question for God.  We had also been talking about how we ask God our questions.  I asked him what he needed to ask and he replied that he wanted to know how to be kind and who to not be shy of girls.  Again, I was trying so hard not to laugh, because he was just so darn cute.  I am very grateful that we seem to be out of the no prayer phase. 

I was telling Tim about Hyrum's second prayer and Tim responded that Hyrum would be having those same questions when he was twenty.

My week was busy at home mostly entertaining grouchy children.  But, we were all a little grouchy due to lack of sleep.  It did get better at the end of the week when Lila's teeth came in and Hyrum decided that it was okay to sleep under his covers.  Most of my errands were run in the evenings and it is always a race to get done before closing.  Hyrum and I had fun a preschool.  We are going to take a two week break for Thanksgiving.  I am so proud of all his progress.  We had playgroup at the church and Primary practice on Saturday night.  I took both kids to the practice, because Tim was working.  They did great and got to eat some pizza.  I also was able to stay and enjoy a nicer dinner for the teachers with the rest of the adults.  It was very nice to be with adults.  This next week will be busy with errands.  I need to find some warmer clothes for the kids and find some supplies to make some dress up costumes that will be presents for Christmas.

That's all from us!   


Comments