Christmas Vacation!

The week went by quickly.  We were all sitting on pins and needles for Friday, Tim's first day of vacation.  Unfortunately, Tim's schedule was very busy and he didn't see the kids until Friday.  The service that was slow really picked up and he wasn't getting home until later in the evening.  He was exhausted and ready for a break.  

Hyrum and I went to volunteer to fill food bags for the Inter Faith Council.  Our ward building was hosting packaging and distribution.  This time we got to count sweet potatoes and put them in bags.  Hyrum seemed to enjoy it.  We may go back next week depending on whether or not they need more help.

The kids were very excited to see Tim.  They spent the morning with him while I did some grocery shopping.  After lunch and naps we took the kids to a children's museum.  It is very close to our apartment.  We bought a membership, so we will be able to go a lot!  I am finding that I need to get out of the house and the weather is cold and wet enough that the kids can't really go outside.  This will be a place for them to get some energy out.  We have been twice so far and both times Hyrum has gone for the construction section and worn the construction outfit the whole time.  Sorry other kids!  Lila liked just getting into everything.  Her favorite thing was a machine that blew plastic balls through a tube.  She loved putting the balls in and watching them come out again.



Saturday we went to Raleigh to visit the Natural History Museum again.  The kids loved it and the time went by quickly.  We still haven't been able to see everything...maybe on visit three we will finally see all the exhibits.  Thank goodness it is free!

 Sunday was slower.  We had a combined meeting and that lasted one hour.  Hyrum was very upset that he wasn't going to get to go to nursery.  He only has one more week until he can't go any more, so hopefully we don't have any meltdowns.  Tim made french toast for breakfast, planned family home evening, and made dinner.  I was able to take a very nice nap, so I am going to say it was a great Sunday!  Well, almost a great Sunday.  We took the kids to look at lights and Lila ended up getting sick in the car.  The adventure ended abruptly and Tim and I spent about an hour cleaning everything.  It was a mess!  Hopefully, it was a one time thing and she will be okay through the night.

I've only been talking about making dress-up clothes for the last month and I finally finished everything and got it wrapped for Christmas.  I was pleased with how everything turned out and hopefully the kids will like it too.

I'll end with a Hyrum quote that I thought was hilarious.  We picked up some clothes from a neighbor for Hyrum.  I was sorting through the bag and found a spider-man shirt.  When Hyrum saw it he said, "I can introduce my spider-man shirt to me batman shirt!"  That kid!

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!  Until next week!

Comments