All kinds of fun!

We had a busy week filled with preschool, story time, Kidzu, dress-up, trail walking, and biking riding...LOTS of bike riding. 

Tim spent his week mostly at the hospital.  He gets there around 5:30 a.m. and gets home anywhere between 7-10 p.m.  I think he is learning a lot and seems to enjoy the service.  This service has patients with heart issues.  Unfortunately, he lost a patient this week.  I was a little surprised when Tim told me about it, because the patient came in and in a matter of hours had deteriorated to the point where they were calling family to say their good-byes.  He seems to take it in stride and keep plugging along.  He had Saturday off this week, so he was able to spend playtime with the kids.  We woke up and had biscuits and gravy for breakfast and played until Tim took the kids to Kidzu and I got some quiet time to make dinner.

Hyrum has started initiating play with Lila.  It never lasts long, but it's a lot better than him yelling at her to get away and not touch it stuff.  There is still plenty of yelling, but it was fun to see a few brief (very brief) moments of hope.  One of those times was dress-up.  I caught a couple of pictures of Lila, which was fun, because she is never keen on having anything on.


Hyrum continues to enjoy preschool.  I am starting to increase the difficulty in skills.  He is doing really well with both reading and writing, so I am trying to push him a little more towards reading.  His math skills are also coming along.  It's fun to see him putting concepts together and then using it outside of preschool.  He is also working on his biking skills.  He is into trick riding...not that he actually does tricks.  He is constantly asking when he will be big enough and if his dad can do tricks.  That seems to be a common theme, when he will be old enough or how old he will need to be to do something.  He is handling his bike more smoothly with turns and learning how to start, stop, and slow down without falling over.  

We had the chance to go to story time this week.  Both kids loved it.  Lila continues to improve with her ability to look at books.  I wish she would sit with me more so I can talk and point out things, but she is very independent and prefers to do it by herself.  We are continuing to work on animal sounds with her and she was able to make make a frog sound today.  I am always surprised at how different Hyrum and Lila are with their language skills.  I have to remind myself not to worry about Lila because she is the normal one.  She also surprised me this week by saying fan.  She has started pointing to things and I will say what it is.  Well, she pointed, I said, and she repeated.  I was very proud.

We also walked over to the Pumpkin Loop trail so the kids could get out.  It had rained a lot this week, but the weather was warmer, so I am tried get the kids out in between showers.  They enjoyed getting dirty.  I realized this week that I haven't made cinnamon rolls since moving, so our Sunday activity was making rolls.  Lila had her first taste and was asking for more, so I think she likes them

Besides keeping up with the kids this week, I continue to exercise three times a week.  It was also my week to teach in primary.  I really enjoyed our lesson and I think the kids did too.  They got to "build" Nephi's testimony.  I was awesome to see them analyzing scripture and making connections.  This coming week both kids are going to start attending a music class at the church building.  There is someone from our ward that will start teaching it.  I think they will both enjoy it, especially Hyrum.  He has recently discovered Little Einsteins on Disney (thanks Uncle Brian).  They introduce a lot of music concepts and Hyrum has been eating it up.  I'll end with a funny quote from Hyrum.  We were riding bikes today and he started shouting, "Allegro, allegro!"  I thought it was really funny and asked what he meant.  He responded, "It means I'm going really fast, " and he was peddling he little heart out.

Comments