Happy Valentine's Day!

Another week has come and gone.  I don't know where the days go!  It was a rainy week, so we were stuck inside again.  It's always hard, but such is life.  Tim finished up his infectious disease rotation.  I can't speak for Tim, but I felt it was a heavy rotation emotionally.  Death is a part of medicine, but it seemed that many of his patients were very sick and many times in the last two weeks I heard Tim say that he wasn't sure one or more of his patients was going to make it through the night.  He will begin a new rotation this week and hopefully it will be a little more positive.  He was also given a new calling as an assistant ward clerk.  I'm not sure how it will work out, because he usually isn't at church, but he is willing to serve!

Hyrum was a little crazy this week, more so than usual.  He does better being able to go outside.  When we get stuck inside because it is raining, he tends to get crazy and start doing things he isn't supposed to do.  To try to help him we went to the library twice this week for stories and to burn off energy.  He also enjoyed his music class and a small Valentine's party with some of the other kids in the ward.  He always has a blast playing with other kids, and to top it off he got treats.  He is at the age where he understands holidays.  All week he asked when Valentine's Day was and was pumped to when the day came.  The kids and I decorated Tim's chair at home with hearts and went to get him a small treat.  Tim and I decided to celebrate officially on Sunday, which was his day off.  Also, I snapped this picture of Hyrum playing dress-up.  It's kind of hard to see everything but he is a doctor, scientist, ninja who is a train conductor and a wolf.  I don't know where he comes up with these things.    

Lila had a hard week.  Her last tooth was working its way out and it was a beast!  She was crankier than usual and was restless at night.  The night that it came through she woke up around 11 screaming.  I had given her pain meds before she went to bed and gave her another dose at 11:30.  It took her about a hour to calm down enough to go back to bed.  She enjoyed music class and the Valentine's Day party too.  She had popcorn for the first time and loved it!  She sat for about 30 minutes eating one piece of popcorn at a time, requesting more when she was out.  I finally cut her off!  She is getting really good at sitting in our laps for books.  She learned the word ball.  We had a couple of books with balls and any time she saw it, she would go and get her ball.  By the end of the week she was saying ball.  She also learned to say quack, which sounds more like caw.  The big news of the week is that she went to nursery.  She doesn't officially go in until March, but the nursery leaders kept asking if we wanted to bring her in.  I was a little nervous to do it, because Tim usually isn't there and was concerned about meltdowns.  I was hoping she would be like Hyrum and she did great.  I was so happy that she just went right in to play with the toys.  I peaked in a couple of times to just see how she was doing and she was always content.  Hopefully, it will continue.  She is getting so big!


This week I was asked to give a short presentation about a former general Relief Society president for an activity in March.  I was a little surprised, because I don't go to Relief Society on Sundays (I'm in primary) and I don't ever go to the activities (Tim is usually gone).  I gave it some thought and decided that I could make it work.  I figured I could at least go for my portion and then leave to get the kids home, because the activity is well past their bedtime.  Hyrum requested heart pizza and chocolate cheese cake for Valentine's day.  I decided to give it a try.  The pizza was easy, but I have never made cheese cake.  I was pleased with the results and so was the family.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it, but we all had little pieces, because it is rich!  I think if I ever make it again, I am going to look for a mini recipe. 

Until next week!

Comments