Jinxed!

Well we didn't have such a cool week...literally.  Not only did I only get one grainy picture of Lila, but we did battle with our apartment.  I'll start with some more positive stuff, fill in some with the not so positive, and end with a little humor.

Tim really enjoyed working with the Sport's Medicine doctors this last week.  He was able to work more with the ultrasound and do actual joint injections.  He was able to come home around 4 pm most days and the kids really loved having him around.  He spent a lot of time in the evenings after the kids went to bed working on a presentation.  He is presenting to other residents about shoulder pain and tests to help identify the problem.  He has enjoyed preparing for it and hopefully it will go well tomorrow.  On Monday, Tim and I had a home improvement date night.  Our couch cushions were in desperate need of replacing.  We received the replacement foam in the mail and did some cutting and stuffing.  It was a fun little project that left us both feeling very satisfied.  

The kids and I ended up making a trip to Walmart this week along with our normal grocery run.  A friend from college moved with her family to attend Duke, so we made them a meal and took it too them.  Unfortunately, we were not able to go swimming much because of rain in the late afternoon.  It would have been really nice to actually go...more on that in the middle.  

Both kids have grown recently.  Poor Lila was being stuffed in her clothes.  Instead of buying clothes for her that she would only wear for 1.5 months, I opted to dig out some of Hyrum's clothes.  He wasn't so happy that she was wearing his favorite shorts, but she was super excited for new clothes.  Hyrum loved those orange shorts and would wear them all the time.  It brought back fond memories and for some reason she looks more like Hyrum to me when she wears his clothes.  


We did get a chance to go swimming on Saturday.  Both kids are doing great with their swimming skills.  Lila started kicking while on her back and Hyrum learned how to push off the side of the pool.  Tim was with us, so they enjoyed riding on his back and being thrown in the air.  You may be wondering why the mattress was out in the picture above.  Well, I am going through a pre-nesting organization phase.  I have been going through things all week getting ride of what we don't use or need and organizing.  We discovered the mattress has a hole, so we let the kids jump on it as a sort of indoor trampoline.  It was such a success that I think we might actually keep it for the winter when we are stuck indoors.  It lasts long enough for the kids to play and then we can put it away before it runs out of air.  Hyrum spent a lot of time jumping and having a blast.

Now for the less than positive part of the week.  I guess it was a the whole week.  We have been having issues with our AC.  I thought we had it fixed, but I noticed on Monday the AC wasn't blowing as cool as it had the past week.  I turned in a work order and it wasn't until Friday when I went it to talk to the office about the fact that no one had come and it was 87 in our apartment.  This pregnant lady was MELTING!  Literally.  I had several breakdowns throughout the week, because I would be sitting doing nothing and break out sweating.  Nighttime wasn't any better.   For sure, whoever was in charge of deciding when I would be born in the pre-existance, knew that I would fail miserably as a pioneer.  It was late on Friday night when someone told us that there were major issues with the AC.  That meant we were spending the weekend hot.  I'm not sure when it will be fixed, because we are expecting a hurricane early in the week and rain for the rest of the week.  I am really hoping that something gets done, because I can only make up so many reasons to go to Walmart.

We also developed a giant roach problem.  When I say giant, I mean it!  When the run across the floor they sound like cat nails clicking.  Tim and I ended up with roaches crawling on us.  We don't know why they are worse this year, but Tim thinks part of the reason why they have been so bad this week is because our apartment is so hot and humid.  We now just keep the roach spray out and ready.

Saturday, we made the best of a terrible situation by getting ice cream and swimming.  The pool felt amazing compared to our apartment.  The kids have done well with it being so hot, especially at night.  Lila gets the humor award for the week.  She has learned a new word, roach.  More importantly, she has learned which parent to go and get.  "Dadaaa! Woach!"  It's so funny when she takes off running yelling for him to get the roach.  Hyrum does well with picking up the dead ones, so I haven't had to pick any up, only spray them.

We are all crossing our fingers the AC will be fixed sooner rather than later and we welcome any and all who would like to join in crossing their fingers with us! 

Comments