Happy Birthday to Lila!

We had a big week filled with fun activities.  Well, at least at the beginning and the end of the week.  We started off the week with Tim having a day off.  In the morning the kids road their bikes over to the church to have a bike play date with another family in the ward.  The weather was really nice, so we decided to take the kids on a walk.  We chose a trail that ran along a small creek.  It was a great little walk and the kids loved to look at the fish and walk along the walls.  I spent most of the time social distancing times six.  It's getting hard to keep up with everyone.


Tim went back to work on Tuesday.  He had plenty of time in the afternoons to study and work on other things.  Endocrinology isn't that taxing, but I think he learned a few good things.  He continues to work with the chiefs to adjust his schedule to maximize the amount of time he gets to spend in sports medicine.  This upcoming week he will be back working sports medicine before he heads back to the hospital to work with cancer patients.

The kids and I stayed busy during the week doing our normal thing.  But, really we were all just waiting for Friday/Saturday.  Friday all the playgrounds opened up in Chapel Hill.  We chose a smaller one to go to for our first adventure.  There weren't too many kids there, but Hyrum and Lila had a blast running around.  It was so nice to be out and letting them run. 


Hyrum has started a new goal this past week.  We are working on him being more independent in the bath.  He is stuck on needing to have us bathe him.  Well, he is working towards waffles.  Tim made him a little goal sheet for him to color each letter of waffle.  It was later decided that Tim should have one for exercising that said burrito  and his prize would be homemade burritos.  Tim said that I should have one that said pilates for exercising.  My prize...a new baby!  If only I could have a new baby after seven days. 

Lila's birthday was on Thursday, but we waited until Saturday, so Tim could be included in all the festivities.  She had plenty of calls, cards, and Tim made little microwave cakes on Thursday.  Hyrum was very excited to decorate her chair on Friday night.  He and Tim did that while I took care of Lila.  We started Saturday with biscuits and gravy.  Followed by presents.  The favorite gift was her own baby doll.  She has been attached to the baby since.  On the first night she had a meltdown when it was time for bed.  We've been smarter about when to hide the baby.  It is really cute to see how tender she is with her baby.  A little rough, but still adorable.  We are definitely going to have to watch her with the new baby...the real one that breathes and doesn't like its face smothered with blankets and head locked while being carried around.  After naps, we went to get Frosty's (thanks aunt Erin) for snack.  Tim took the kids to a different park.  There were more kids there and Hyrum was in heaven playing with another little boy.  We finished off the day with pinwheel pizza, lemonade, and banana chocolate chip muffins.


Here is a picture of the pinwheel pizzas.  I have never made pizza like this, and besides being a little burnt on top they were a hit.  Aside from making all the food for Lila's big day, I also made some banana muffins earlier in the week.  The kids really liked them and were sad when they were out.  


 I had some hard days this week.  I started struggling with heartburn.  I had a little trouble with the other two, but baby three is giving me a run for my money. I spent a lot of time chewing Tums and drinking milk.  Along with that, the normal discomfort disrupted sleep more than usual as my hips started aching.  I might really need some sort of goal sheet to get me to the ultimate prize...a baby.

No funny quotes from Hyrum this week, but Lila has discovered how to cross her eyes looking up and down.  She has also figured out that if she times it just right when Tim and I look at her, she can make up laugh really hard.  This is terrible, but I secretly wish we were at church so she can do it to people in the congregation.  It's just that funny!  Luckily, we won't be back at church any time soon, so I can't get into trouble with my sinful, encouraging ways.  Until next week!

Comments