Hot Mess Express!

It was definitely one of those weeks and I am glad that it is over.  It just seemed we had some sort of chaos every day.  The highlight of most of the week was 70 degree weather.  We were able to get outside to play or bike almost every day.  Hyrum was super excited to be wearing shorts and I had to convince Lila to put on a short sleeve shirt. 

I guess we will start with Tim.  He is on nights.  It's hard on him and the kids, because they know he is in the bedroom.  Liam still sleeps in our room, so I am constantly in and out with naps and trying to get him to go to sleep or back to sleep.  Luckily, Tim can sleep through pretty much anything with his earplugs.  He has a couple more days of nights and then he will have clinic hours for the next two weeks.  

 Lila is growing and growing!  She has hit 2.5 years and it had brought more attitude.  I am thinking she might be a lawyer or a negotiator because of how she tries to negotiate to her benefit.  Like tonight at dinner she wanted to get out of her chair to refill her water.  She is still locked in and we didn't start something that we would have to deal with, so we told her that she had to stay in her chair and we would get her water.  She looked at us and said, "You fill Hyrum's and I will fill Lila's...okay."  Sometimes it is really hard not to laugh.  Her last molar is so close to coming out.  She woke up a couple of times in the night this week and I am thinking it is due to that darn tooth!  We do molar checks every day, but it just won't come.  The other three came remarkably fast.  She also got to start wearing new pajamas.  She has been wearing Hyrum's old pajamas for months and they are too heavy and small for her.  It is fun to see her in girly clothes, because we often just use Hyrum's old clothes.


Hyrum had a traumatic start to his week...really it was all traumatic.  We were riding bikes and his seat broke off after a crash.  In true Hyrum fashion he fell apart and thought he would never be able to ride again.  Well, thanks to Walmart delivery his bike was as good as new a few short days later.  He also had a well child check-up (more on that later from a mom's perspective) to get his kindergarten shots.  We have been talking about shots for a while, because we know him.  Well, he was really pumped to get his shots and the entire visit he asked when it was time for his shots.  I made the terrible mistake of not insisting that Hyrum go first.  Liam started hollering and then Hyrum refused to get shots.  We had the doctor come back in to hold Liam because it was a family event, and myself and two nurses held him down.  He screamed so loud and was so dramatic for the next hour.  But, after that his pain transformed into booster shots that game him super powers and he was running laps around trees.  Go figure.  He continues to find books to read.  This week he started reading the Foot Book.  He also is starting to recognize bigger numbers.  He asked me what a number was and then immediately said 46.  This has also led him to clocks and telling time.  He wanted to add this beauty to the blog today.  He made a monster and his baby brother.  Notice his color pattern. 


Liam had his four month check-up a little early.  I am happy to report that his weight has evened out.  He still spits up a lot, but he is gaining.  He had a big week as we started him on baby oatmeal.  After a few days he is starting to figure out how to swallow.  Not perfect, but at least some of it is ending up in his stomach instead of on his stomach.  He also learned out to roll.  He has loved to scrunch up and rotate for a while, so I have started working with him on rolling.  He finally got it after much trial and struggle.  He continues to be pretty smiley.  He is also doing better with at least letting me set him down at naps.  We had a couple of weeks where he would wake up the second I set him down.  He still doesn't sleep much past 50 minutes, but hopefully we will see him stretch naps in the next month or so.  Hopefully.

I am sure you are thinking that the week was pretty good and maybe it was only a hot mess for me.  The doctor canceled my carefully planned well child check-up and it took me rescheduling three different times at the beginning of the week to finally get the appointment for the boys on Thursday.  At first it was trying to make sure I could leave Lila at home with Tim, but I asked and they said that I could bring her, and then we had issues with the car because I didn't realize Tim would need it, and then we had to figure out a time that both boys could go together, because technically Hyrum is a new patient and I guess he needed longer with the doctor.  

We had a grocery adventure with all three kids.  I don't mind taking the kids, but it's just hard when you are trying to get to the store and you only have a certain window between baby naps and part of that window requires food.  It's also hard when your baby is spitting up on you the whole time and your oldest insists on trying to move the cart by wiggling the back of the cart while he is on it, into other shoppers.

Thursday was just exhausting.  I probably got the worst time for their check-ups...lunch.  I carefully planned everything.  We went early so they kids could eat lunch and I could feed the baby all while sitting on the curb, because we can't go inside and sit.  I got all the kids up to realize that I forgot Hyrum's shot record in the car.  They wanted me to fill out paperwork and needed me id, which I couldn't find until the nice receptionist asked if it was that black thing sitting on the counter.  The nurse came out while I am searching for said wallet and trying to fill out paperwork.  She takes Hyrum back to get started and comes out and mercifully takes Lila too.  I run down because of course the office is on the second floor.  I can't find me keys, only to find them in my pocket, where I put them so I could have easy access.  We finally get all back together only to end the appointment end up with both boys crying and me dragging Lila down the stairs because she refused to get in the elevator.

And don't even get me started on Saturday with trying to fill out housing applications, with fighting kids and poopy diapers.  Sunday wasn't much better during Relief Society zoom, at least there wasn't dirty diapers to change!

Any who...here's to a week of a little more calm.  Probably not, but one can hope.  

Comments