Mercy...what a week!

This was one of those weeks where we had grand intensions of being productive, while spending time together.  Both happened, just not how we expected.  Hyrum headed off to school on Monday.  We continue to work on him being okay with going to school.  He did well and hopefully it will continue.

Tuesday was preschool with Lila.  We did the letter 'b' and made some bagels, which Lila pronounces beagles.  She enjoyed getting to shape the "beagles" and taste testing later.  Lila had some successes with potty training, but we are definitely still in the training stage.  We can't stay cooped up forever, so I've been taking her out to ride her bike after she is able to go potty.  She is doing really well with her bike.  She can start and stop by herself and has started standing to peddle.  


Tim was at home studying and making great progress with his list.  Tuesday evening he felt good with where he was and the stars aligned for him to go play soccer, which he hasn't done is ages.  Within 10 minutes he was back.  Come to find out the Honda car as the kids affectionately call it wasn't starting.  Tim suspected it was the started, but took the battery in to get checked first thing in the morning.  It wasn't the battery.  We have been planning on buying a second vehicle in the next few months, this just moved the timetable up, because limping along with one vehicle not living next to the church would have been too difficult.  

We had a list of available vans to search in the area.  Wednesday morning we went to look at a Sienna.  I gave the green light for Tim to go search some others, while I stayed home to take care of the other kids.  Hyrum had a half day and we watched a couple of boys from the ward, who were moving closer to us.  It was a bit chaotic to have a house full of kids and to be talking vans with Tim.  He got home later that evening after having settled on one.  Hyrum had Thursday off, so we loaded the kids up in the car in the morning.  We signed the paperwork and became the proud owners of a 2018 Toyota Sienna.  I'm going to add that I hadn't seen the van when I put my 'x' on the paperwork.  It was being detailed while we did the paperwork.  It was past lunch and Liam skipped a morning nap, so I took the younger two home while Hyrum and Tim wait for the van.  I'll also add that Liam started running a fever on Wednesday afternoon.  Poor guy was a champ while we did the paperwork.


Hyrum went back to school on Friday and we kind of had a day of calm, but not really, because that's just how it goes.  I started to feel sick, but was praying that I would hold off until after Saturday.  I was also juggling sub changes in primary for the teacher council and a primary baptism on Saturday where I was put in charge of filling the font.

My sickness stayed in a holding pattern.  I thought Hyrum was getting sick, because I heard coughing in the morning.  Turns out it was Lila, who started having a runny nose on Sunday morning.  Saturday morning we had a fun breakfast with some friends.  There is a family in our ward that I was roommates with the wife.  Another roommate of ours came to visit and we had a fun time catching up.  Tim took Hyrum and Lila to a birthday party of one of Hyrum's church/school friends.  They are in the same class at school and it is turning into a good thing.  She is very good for Hyrum.  I stayed at home to clean up, let Liam sleep who was still recovering and to get ready for the baptism.  After dropping off Liam I headed to the baptism.  I was grateful to have attended.  The spirit was strong and I enjoyed the simple reminders gospel doctrine and the covenants that I made many years ago.  


Shortly after getting home I started feeling sicker.  It wasn't a pleasant night for me, which brings us to Sunday.  Tim took Hyrum to church and all of the rest of us stayed home to hopefully not spread our germs.  Tim heads back to the hospital next week, and maybe just maybe it will be a little calmer.

Comments