And the sniffles continue...coughs included!

 Sick is an awful way to spend your vacation.  They kids continued their runny noses and coughing, which spread to Tim and myself.  I am pretty sure we had several things going around at once, and covid was not one of those things.  Liam is finally on the mend, but both Hyrum and Lila are coughing now.  Hyrum may be at home tomorrow again from school depending on how he does tonight.  Masks have been a very handy!  Instead of sounding like a broken record telling the kids to cover their mouths, I've had the kids slip on a mask for those times they forget.  

Hyrum was home from school on Monday.  I had a nice Zoom parent teacher conference with his teacher.  He seems to be doing really well and thankfully most of the behaviors we struggle with at home are not an issue at school.  He went back on Tuesday.  I had to get my act together because I needed to get Hyrum's character day costume ready and I needed to mend their Halloween costumes.  The kids have been on me to get it done, but it was go time this week.  I was able to get Hyrum's buttons on his shirt.  He really enjoyed dressing up as Pete the Cat.  

Lila and I ran some errands this week before she came down with a cough.  After that, the younger two stayed home with Tim while I ran out during naps.  It was nice having him home this week to spend some time with the kids.  We are going to have a rough couple of months until New Years, which he has his break.  The holidays are always a busy time at the hospital.  That coupled with interviews makes for a lot of juggling.  Tim had his third interview, which went well.  It was early in the morning and last for just a couple of hours.  His last one will be in person in a couple of weeks.  We have about nine weeks until he matches and our fates are sealed.  

We have been working a lot with Lila on speech.  She is making some progress, but I am most likely going to look into speech therapy for her.  She has enjoyed dressing up in her princess dress this week.  Our apartment is glitterfied!  She loves it and is so happy with her pretty dress.  She hasn't been able to play a lot outside this week due to colds, which is always hard to watch other kids running and playing.

The older two kids were super excited for our wards trunk or treat.  It was primary's responsibility to plan the party, and I was charged with finding some things and then I took Hyrum with me to set things up.  As far has Halloween parties, it was probably the least planning and prep I've ever been apart of.  I wasn't sure the younger two were going to make it, because Lila had been coughing so bad earlier.  Tim brought them for about an hour.  She lasted half way through the party and was ready to leave.  It was way past her bedtime and the cold air was aggravating her cough.  Hyrum had a blast running around getting candy.  He also did a really go job of helping to set up and clean up.  Liam did really well too.  He stayed toasty warm in his pajamas and played peek a boo with his car seat cover the whole time.  People thought we was super cute...and he is. 


Liam had a language explosion this week.  He has started pointing at objects for their name.  He also learned tree and truck, as well as started saying mama a lot.  I got him a couple of truck books and he knows to go find his books when we ask him where is truck is.  Tim has tried his best to get him walking this week, but he just wasn't having it.  Judging by the amount of drool and some gum signs, I think he is also working on the next four teeth.  He enjoyed seeing some goat this week.  Their is a neighborhood of townhomes close to us that has a herd of goats come to eat a local invasive plant.  They fence them in for a couple of days at each location, so they will eat the plant.  We will hopefully get out to watch them again.  He did not enjoy wearing a hat.  The weather was very chilly in the mornings and he does not like to keep hats on his head.  Tim tricked him with a hood!


I was very busy running errands.  Unfortunately, I had to go to multiple stores several times, because I couldn't find what I needed.  I did lots of costume sewing and I also made Liam's birthday blanket. I was pleased with how it turned out.  I tried finding wolf fabric, but had to settle for dogs.  He has made the cutest howling sound as a baby and loves his wolf ears.  In just a couple of weeks he will be one.  Time had gone by so fast this last year.  I also managed a hair cut, a ward activity, and extra meetings because of Stake Conference.  

I am hoping next week brings health to every member of our family and that we settle into a routine without Tim.  It's going to be a very long month!

Comments