The week that was supposed to rain, but didn't!

 I was preparing for a rainy week, because that is what the weatherman said, but we were delighted to end up with warm weather, with some clouds.  Monday, Hyrum didn't have any school and Tim had one more day left of his nication.  We ended up playing outside with some neighbor kids in the morning and had a couple of them come over during naps.  Tim took the kids to the ninja park after naps, because they (Hyrum) had been asking to go.  And because they didn't have enough outside time, the neighbors set up a slip and slide and they enjoyed getting wet and dirty.  They struggled at first to get the hang of sliding and not slipping.  Lila had a couple of hard slips, but she ended up really like it.


Tuesday, Tim started his reading week.  He spent it studying and learning about wrists.  Apparently, wrists are very complicated.  I tried to keep the younger two occupied and out of the bedroom.  When they know Tim is home, they like to visit and play.  One of the big things that happened starting on Tuesday was Hyrum rode the bus, which continued all week.  Up until this week, I spent the previous four weeks dealing with major meltdowns, yelling fits, belly aches, and attitude because he didn't want to get on the bus to go to school.  We tried reverse consequences, meaning if he was okay going to school then he could have something.  I got popsicles in preparation for summer and just hadn't frozen any due to limited freezer space.  He got on the bus with a little prodding the first day and every day after that was easier with him deciding which color he was going to try after school.  Oh the power of colored sugar.  

While, Tim was otherwise occupied during the day, he did come out before dinner to play with the kids before dinner for a bit.  The kids had fun wrestling dad and spending time with him.  I always love not having to divide my attention between dinner and the corralling the kids.

By Thursday, we were a little suspicious of the weatherman's predictions.  We spent another warm, overcast afternoon outside playing with the neighbor kids.  We snapped a picture of these two.  Liam is a month younger and they love digging and chairs.  Funny side story...the blue chair was a purchase for Liam because he is always going after the neighbor's chair.  I figured I would get one for him, so he could sit in it whenever.  Notice how Liam is NOT sitting in the blue chair.  He won't give it the time of day!


Lila is developing more of a three 'nager' attitude this week.  She was definitely asserting her independence.  She still helps a lot and likes learning new things.  She has pretty much taken over making her own lunch and is pouring milk for her own breakfast in the morning.  I'm always surprised by what she can do, because she is very different from Hyrum.   

Both Hyrum and Lila have made some great progress in swimming.  Hyrum is starting to swim independently making it six to eight feet with his head under water.  He is also getting the hang of floating.  He still sinks sometimes, but I am surprised that he can.  Lila can float by herself.  That was her big thing she wanted to show me after swim.  It was impressive.  She also finally put her face in the water.  They have been working on it forever and she is finally doing it.  We were told by the family that has the big pool they open for everyone to use that the water is almost warm enough.  I'm excited to see what happens when they have a little more freedom and time to practice their skills.

Friday, Hyrum ended up getting out of school two hours early due to weather.  We were scheduled to be in a tornado watch during high school dismissal, so they could make sure all the kids were home before bad weather.  We didn't have bad weather.  Oh, well.

Saturday was a busy day.  Tim did an evening temple session and I went on Saturday morning.  Tim held down the fort and was here when another little boy was dropped off for a nap while his parents when to their graduation.  The kids a fun playing with him before nap and after.  While I was playing with the kids, I got an S.O.S call from a sister I minister to.  A short need turned into a couple of hours.  I'm hoping we have everything worked out.

The kids gave me lots of hugs and Hyrum even sang me a Hyrum original, which included the words beautiful, clever, and kind.  Tim did a great job with waffles and ice for breakfast, soup for lunch, and a ravioli bake with breadsticks and cookies for dinner.  I keep telling him that if he isn't careful he is going to be taking over the cooking.  Today Hyrum asked why dad would when I was such a good cook.  To which Tim responded for him not to forget that I was the better cook.  Liam got super messy, but loved dinner.  Hyrum has breadstick chipmunk cheeks.

Oh!  I can't forget that Hyrum lost another tooth this week.  He is now missing his two front teeth.  The hole of the second tooth allowed us to see a new tooth that is already coming in.  

I also fit in several days of running.  I'm trying to get back into it.  It gets harder and harder with each child to get going again.  But, I do love running, well I'm more of a slow jogger, but I still enjoy it.  I would say the only bad thing about the weather this week is that it was 50 degrees today.  It was so cold, when we have been having 80 degree days.

Here's to another sunny week!

Comments