Busy week!

We ended up with a very productive, busy week. We will jump right into it.  Temperatures have been falling, but we still have some days where the kids run out in jackets.  Come January we will probably be in coats for a couple months before the weather starts changing again.  It's so weird that we hardly ever need coats, because growing up we lived in coats for half the year.

Hyrum and Lila continue to enjoy school.  They are looking forward to a break, but I think I am looking forward to it more than them.  I do enjoy teaching them, but just like when I was teaching full time, I always enjoyed my breaks.  We work hard so we can play hard and take breaks.  Both of them struggled more this week with behaviors.  It's probably a combination of Tim's busy schedule, the time of year and we have recently been able to extinguish some behaviors and we are just replacing them with other fun habits that mom and dad get to help the kids break.  Hyrum continues to love soccer and wants to play it all the time.  With how much rain we have had the ground is very muddy where we usually play, so he's been a bit limited.  Lila has been playing with a neighbor girl with their pretend bake shop.  I get to taste test their waffles, ice cream and pancakes sprinkled with delicious grass, dirt, sand, weeds, bark and anything else they can get their hands on.  It's fun to see her imagination come alive.

Liam is going through a language explosion.  He is going from two word phrases like, "ball, please," to full sentences.  Unfortunately, his mouth can't keep up with his brain, so he has started to stutter especially when he gets super excited.  It's a little unnerving, but I am sure in a few months it will smooth out.  He loves jumping on everything and it really good at it.  I think one of the first things we are going to invest in is a trampoline.  That way I can say, "If you want to jump, go outside and not on the furniture."

Tim had several games this week and evenings where filled with after work things like dissection.  We were told that in December things get better with his schedule, but I sure don't feel like we have changed that much.  Tim is feeling it too as far as needing a break.  He is looking forward to his week off after Christmas, because he has been going nonstop since July with an occasional full day off.   

I stayed busy this week with organizing and consolidating.  I have been going through every box, tub, bin, closet, and draw getting rid of things that we don't need or use.  With every move we have had there is always stuff that I wonder why we even packed and put it immediately in a donate pile.  I am determined with this move to get rid of everything that we don't need before we move.  It always amazes me how much I end up donating.  This week was no exception as I went through all the kid clothes.  I'm pretty conservative as far as how much clothes the kids actually have, because it just gets too hard to manage for them and then they don't wear half of it before they grow out of it.  We've been blessed to inherit most of our clothes from various sources over the years and I was able to donate at least a large bin of clothes, because let's face it a six month old doesn't need three weeks worth of shirts.  I also did a lot of nesting planning and Christmas planning.  Christmas really snuck up on me this year.  Saturday was also extremely busy.  In the morning I found out that half the presidency was going to gone on Sunday as well as half our teachers, which somehow translated into me figuring out a full hour music time, getting nursery kids into primary and the temple prep class for our 12 year old's.  It all ended up okay and we made it.

The kids also enjoyed a Christmas movie party.  These neighbors have done several and the kids always have a blast.  This coming week we will reciprocate with doing a Christmas party, so the kids can have some fun even though they are homeschooled.  We'll see how it goes because I have only ever done simple treats and a movie and we are actually doing activities.   


Any who next week is Christmas, so there may not be an update.  I may just have the kids put me to bed before they head to bed...probably not...there will be too much cleanup from all the craziness of the day.

We hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas Eve and Day.

Comments