Here we go!

I am going to say we are all better and not suffering from any lingering Covid symptoms.  Tim took a whole box of tissues before leaving, because he still has a bit of a runny nose.  The rest of us are doing well.  I'm glad it's over with and now I need to restock tissues...again.  We seriously went through almost 8 boxes of tissues.  Just beware if you every get Covid...double check your tissue status and if you are low have someone do a porch drop off!

We enjoyed some near 70 degree weather this week.  We did quite a bit of playing outside.  The kids went to a local church to utilize the parking lot.  I was surprised at how well Liam was doing with is scooter.  He has figured out how to propel himself and glide.  He goes much slower than the other two, who are speed demons.  But, in true North Carolina fashion we had weather whiplash and I was bundled up with a hoodie and coat trying to stay warm while the kids were running around outside in 40 degree weather.  

I feel like Liam is passing through developmental milestones fast.  Besides being sick, a language explosion, and his two year sleep regression he is also developing his fine and gross motor skills.  I'm not sure the wisdom in it, but I gave his scissors for the first time this week.  This is probably the earliest I have ever given scissors to the kids.  He did well for his age and sat for extended periods of time this week cutting lines.  I've also started him on ripping paper to help strengthen hand muscles.  It was nice to have him just sitting while I was working with Hyrum during school.  He has been super clingy and fussy.  I'm looking forward to having a more regular body shape, because it's super hard to get myself, my belly, and Liam around the table to help Hyrum with school.

I made cinnamon rolls this week with the intention of freezing half of them.  Tim convinced me that they would just dry out, so we had a pan full to work through this week.  I'm pretty sure this was the first time Liam had a cinnamon roll and he gobbled it up.   

Lila has been experiencing her own struggles.  She is learning how to use her words in a kind way instead of yelling out her frustrations.  Some if it is learned from Hyrum who continues to struggle.  I will say that she is a lot easier to calm and talk with than Hyrum ever is.  I'm hoping the status stays the same, because I'm not sure I can handle two at the same time. She is taking on more responsibilities.  She is showing more interest in making her own food, so she helps make the oatmeal in the morning and pretty much makes her own lunch.  Previous to Christmas/Covid she was transitioning away from naps.  With traveling and Covid we went back to naps, because she really needed it.  This week began our gradual release of naps.  I'm honestly shocked she lasted this long, but grateful for it.  Now begins the training for quiet time.  

Hyrum had Monday off from school.  We started a new "activity" in school.  It's what I call I can do hard things.  We are working scissor cutting, because surprisingly it's super frustrating for Hyrum and we typically end with some sort of meltdown.  We did some sort of cutting assignment every day on top of what we already do.  It ended up taking him a bit longer to complete school.  On Friday we tried a more difficult cutting activity of making snowflakes.  Lila has been talking about types of weather and Hyrum needed some practice.  It went much better than I thought and now the kids don't want to let the sun in because the shadows look cool.


Another big thing this week was Hyrum finishing the Old Testament.  It took him a bit to get through some of the beginning bigger books, but once he could see the end he picked up momentum and desire.  He started reading the New Testament and is making some progress.

Tim left us on Friday for Vermont via a conference in Baltimore.  He will be gone for two weeks on an away rotation treating ski injuries.  We have managed well for three days...fourteen more to go.  Lila and I killed time today by doing hair, which is another thing she is wanting to do.  She has figured out how to get her hair into a ponytail.  She is practicing more with my hair, which is probably easier than trying to do it on herself.  
Any who...here's to a week without Tim.  I'll update next week on our status...unless I don't, then you know it wasn't a very good week.  :) 

Comments