41 weeks here we come!

We've officially made it to the 41st week of pregnancy.  I don't feel like anyone (doctors, friends or people at church) believed me when I said that I probably won't go any earlier.  The kids keep asking when baby is coming and we can finally say any day now.  My list is done and all areas of the house are ready and I think the kids are ready too.  I guess that is one of the perks of being "late," there is plenty of time to prep!

This was a busy week for Hyrum.  He has been waiting since the beginning of the school year to do his geology unit for science.  He started on Monday and has been eating it up!  We got him a geology kit for Christmas and I have been trying to save some of it for him to explore while doing his unit.  He did some mining for minerals and gems and had a blast.  He invited one of the neighbor boys to some over and tap with him.  He also continues to take an interest in Spanish.  He does duolingo with Tim and I have started getting him some easy readers in Spanish from the library. He isn't fluent by any means, but he is learning and I think his accent is getting better...meaning he sounds more like Tim and less like me as I attempt to not slaughter the language.  He had Spanish lessons this week with the younger two to teach them some words.

Lila is our silliest of the bunch.  She has been on an "adulting" kick.  He likes to help Tim get his belt on in the morning and this week she has started putting on our clothes.  I came out of the bathroom this week to discover and mini me. 
 

She continues to love crafting and all things sensory.  Her new favorite sensory object is my hair.  She is improving with being gentle and my scalp appreciates it.  We had some very creative hairstyles this week.  She also loves it because she likes to take pictures with the phone and always wants to send them to Tim so he can see her work.

Poor Liam got sick this week.  He ran a fever for a couple of days and has been coughing a lot.  He doesn't do sickness well.  He tends to be very clingy and emotional times 10.  I can't say his personality has been overly pleasant this week as he has spent a large amount of time crying for reasons I don't understand.  He did get to go on a couple of walks this week.  All of the kids do better being outside.  There is just something about the outdoors that balances them.  He steps out and he's happy.  He comes back in and he immediately starts fussing.  Someday I will get my fence and then I will let them all be free!

We enjoyed having Tim home this weekend.  Last weekend Tim thought he was going to be home, but ended up missing most of the weekend due to games and meetings.  This week the kids kept asking him if he was going to be home and if he was going to be home all weekend or leaving.  It was funny, but a little sad at the same time.  He was a champ and took the kids out and let me nap.  He also entertained the kids with one of his newest creations.  He is definitely more creative than me!    In case you can't tell he created a guitar our of brainflakes, little discs that snap together.


Hopefully, this time next Sunday we will have a new baby home with us!  Until then!

Comments