Fall break!

Everyone was healthier this week.  We had a minor cold go through the kids, but it was very minor...thankfully.  The weather has been really cool in the morning and warmer in the afternoons.  I think it's perfect weather.  The kids are loving spending more time outside.  

We had a short week of school, as we took a break on Thursday and Friday.  The kids have been doing great and we all deserved a couple of days to unwind.  We have almost completed 12 weeks of school.  It's crazy how fast the first half of the year has gone.  I've been planning that next 8 weeks of school and we will be doing some different things to go along with Thanksgiving and Christmas.  

But, unlike Walmart, I'm not going to skip Halloween.  The kids are pumped!  We have their costumes.  Hyrum is Mario.  Lila is Elsa.  We had to get Frozen and watch the movie, so she would know who she was dressing up as.  She's read lots of books about her, but never seen the movie.  Liam will go has Marshal from Paw Patrol.  We have a homeschool Halloween party coming up this week and the Ward trunk or treat.  So. Much. Candy!

We some adventures this week.  Lila went with me to a emergency preparedness class, that didn't happen.  They advertised it, but we were the only ones there.  We ended up going to the local farmers market to check things out.  It was fun to see it and it just made me wish we had our own house, so I could grow my own stuff.  Some day!

Owen has been sleeping a little better at night, so I am feeling more energy.  This week I started running again.  Thinking back, it's been a year since I ran.  My joints and ligaments sure felt it.  We stuck to our neighborhood and always looped around to the playground, so the kids could play.  Owen tried out the swings and loved it.  Lila and Hyrum had a lot of fun pushing.  

Hyrum had his first karate class with all the other kids.  He was a little lost during the class, but he seemed to enjoy it.  He was definitely on overload when the class was finished.  The older kids and Tim had the primary program today.  They all did great.  Hyrum sang and said his part well.  I was super shocked the Lila sang all the songs.  She still didn't get up to say her part.  Maybe next year she'll be ready for public speaking.


Tim had activity days this week and he also went on his social run on Saturday.  Some guys get together early in the morning to run throughout the week, and Tim likes to join them on Saturdays.  I have been working on a talk that will be next week.  Until then!

Comments