Eclipses and other happenings

This will be a two week update.  Tim was out of town for a week and had the laptop with him.  So we begin.  We weren't in the path of totality, but close enough.  We were able to lay on the trampoline and watch everything.  It was something! The kids thought it was amazing, especially when it got dark.  They enjoyed "playing" in the dark.

The rest of the week was much the same as usual.  Tim left us on Thursday for a conference in Baltimore.  It was the big sports medicine one that was seven days.  He enjoyed it and learned a few things, so I guess it was a success.  I planned easy meals and had some playdates for the kids.  At one of the playdates, Hyrum got to take my old mixer apart.  He saved it for this friend in particular, because they both love this sort of thing.  They came in regularly asking for specific tools...some I didn't know we had.  They all enjoyed taking the hammer to pound the metal.  I was just glad they were having fun and giving me a rest.

One of the other things we did while Tim was gone was to plant some plants.  We don't have a place to did up here, so I invested in some grow bags.  We made our own potting mix because dirt is expensive.  I liken it to bottled water.  We have a few tomato plants and some peppers.  It will be interesting to see if we have an success.  

There was much rejoicing when Tim got home.  They enjoyed showering him with confetti and showing off their creations.  I thought Hyrum did a great job with his truck.

Hyrum also leveled up in Kuk Sool.  He was excited to receive his blue belt.  He's starting quite the collection in his drawer.  

Lila is loving dance.  She is starting to learn some of the moves and is very proud that she can almost do the splits.  Every day we get the show off update.  It's fun to see her shine.  She is also doing a really good job of reading.  I've mentioned this many times before, but I love it when kids learn to read.

Liam is firmly in the threenager stage.  He's driving us mad with getting up at night, not going to bed and waking up in the middle of the night.  We also have plenty of chats about throwing in the house, climbing and jumping off furniture in the house, hitting, and using kind words.  He does have an adorable smile and had discovered he loves two half sandwiches in which he calls rectangular prisms, one is peanut butter and the other is honey.  It's a little weird, but he's happy.

Owen's last molar finally popped through.  He magically started sleeping past five a.m., which has been amazing.  He continues to get into everything and tries to get into the cupboards.  He frequently will get his head stuck in the doors that we use a rubber band to keep closed.   He is really taking to books and loves to grab the older books.  I don't really let him play with paper books, because he tears them.  I missed this one and found him doing a really good job of turning the pages.  


Hyrum was invited to a birthday party at a rock climbing place.  It was a hit.  I see rock climbing in his future.  The other kids wanted to try it too, so I think I might have to brush up on my climbing skills because it's been a long time.
We also did a little family birthday party for Hyrum.  His birthday is going to be busy.  He requested sushi from Sam's, so we just got some pizza and icees to go with the sushi.  It was a hit and I think it might become a new tradition, one I fully support, because I didn't have to do any cooking!


We continue to move along, staying busy, sometimes too busy for my liking.  We have just a few weeks left of school, which is crazy to me.  We might do a little bit of school during the summer, but I plan on taking a good portion of it completely off.  I need a break!

Until next week!

Comments