I need a vacation from this weather!

It was a bad week for weather here in Provo.  For the first half of the week we had snow and temperatures that would fluctuate between freezing and not freezing.  My sad story of the week was that I was late to school on Monday.  I had planned on getting to school earlier, so I could work on some things, but I was there late.  My car doors including the locks were completely frozen.  I had to call AAA to come help get everything open.  The roads were terrible as well.  Thank goodness  I leave early enough that most drivers are not on the road yet.

My funny story of the week is in connection with the bad weather.  I think it goes to show the innocence of young children.  I made the comment that we needed to do a sun dance to call out the sun to make it warm and get ride of all the snow.  A student responded, "Will that really help?"  I had to laugh because part of me really wished it were that easy.

On the positive side of things, double dose was canceled twice this week because of road conditions, so it gave me a little extra time to get ahead for this week.  We have parent teacher conferences after school twice this week, so I won't have the time I usually do to complete my prep work.  It is always amazing how you can think you have no time, but then magically you find you are more efficient and are able to complete much more than usual.  As well, I am very grateful to have the car and not the truck for driving this week.  I don't think I would have been able to stay on the roads if I had the truck.

Carolyn and I went on an adventure this week.  She received gift certificates to a restaurant, the only problem was that it was in Payson twenty minutes away.  It was totally worth it.  It was Cajun and I haven't really ever been exposed to that type of food and it was delicious.  We even got the beignets, which are delicious.  I highly recommend them.

I am looking forward to meeting with all the parents and for the warmer weather.  We are supposed to hit 40 next week on several days, and I couldn't be more excited.

Comments