Now summer can begin!

Summer school officially finished on Tuesday.  That means no more kids until the middle of August.  I was definitely ready for a break.  We also had one of Tim's nieces stay with us for a while.  It was  fun experience, but we realized that we are not prepared for kids...let alone an almost eight year old.

On Wednesday, I left Provo and headed down to Enoch to help out at home.  Tim stayed behind to continue looking for work.  He has had some good leads, a few interviews, and sent out lots of resumes.  We are hoping within the next month he will have a job lined up for the next year until we leave for medical school.  Speaking of medical school...he should be receiving his MCAT score in the next week or so.  We are crossing our fingers that he did well enough to get him into a school in Texas.

While at home I made lots of food.  I am pretty sure I did more cooking in the few days I have been home than I do in a month.  It has been a good experience to cook.  I realized that I have learned a lot about cooking and I am not half bad (thanks to the many years of training and laying the foundation by my mother).  I also did some cleaning and worked on making some simple curtains to block out some of the sun, because it shines in our windows very early.

Tim has been able to stay busy this week.  He managed to spend time with family and friends over the holidays and mixed in a little work.  On the fourth he spent time with friends and watched the balloons launch and some of the parade.  He also watched/played soccer.  With the USA being out, he is still really into the World Cup, and with some free time he was able to play with old roommates.  He had to go to church by himself today, but I am sure he did just fine.

I will head home on Monday and then Tim and I will start our Summer cleaning/organizing/checklist.  Should be loads of fun...I'm excited!

Comments