Rain, apples, and fun!

Last week my summer vacation began and this week I realized that summer is half over and in about a month I will be heading back to school...bummer.  I have managed to stay busy so far.  On Monday, I drove back to Provo and began my summer list.  I have so far cleaned out the storage room, crossed off almost everything on my school to do list, made and hung curtains, and took a pile of stuff to DI.  So, it has been productive.

Tim had a busy week as well.  He received the much awaited MCAT score.  He was pleased with the score and he should be able to get into at least one of the schools in Texas.  He also found a job, which begins on Monday.  He also almost finished all his applications.  He should be sending in his last one on Monday.

We also managed to fit in visiting teaching, running/biking/soccer, lots of reading, volunteering at the Provo City Center Temple booth,  eye appointments, an AWESOME rain storm, and a baptism.  We also had the chance spend time with some of Tim's family again.  We watched some of his nieces and nephews.  They live far apart and don't get the chance to spend much time together, so we watched them.  We also spent time with some grownup friends.  We played mini-golf and then made dinner.  They are in the process of applying to medical schools as well, so it is nice to have people that understand the stress/fun for getting ready.

My cooking adventure this week was making freezer applesauce.  I don't know what I would do without google.  I ended up with about six pounds of apples and I no clue what to do with them.  I wondered if you could freeze applesauce and discovered through the pioneer woman that you can.


I discovered that I had it easy as a kid using my parents fancy apple corer/peeler/slicer.  Doing everything by hand takes a lot longer.

Comments