Week One Check!

This was the first week with all the students at school with me and what a ride.  This is a very different year!  For starters I have only one regular session of kindergarten.  I have always had two to worry about and so it is less stressful in that way, but more stressful because my PM session I work with students who need some extra help.  Knowing how to help kids can be hard and stressful.  The first day was a breeze in my morning class, but my afternoon was a different story.  Talk to any teacher and they will tell you about their teacher dreams/nightmares.  Well I had a nightmare come true.  A nightmare that I usually have every year is that my students do anything but listen and I can't seem to control the situation.  Well, it happened!  It was the first day the students in my afternoon spent all day at school and they were very tired and ready to be home.  I was sitting at the front of the classroom watching the kids all over the classroom getting drinks, in the bathroom, crying and my dream hit me.  As hard as the first day was, I realized that you don't have to be held back by fears or bad starts, you just have to take a deep breath and try again.  I am very happy to report that each day got a little better and we have more organization and no tears by Friday.

Besides school starting, it was a busy week for the both of us.  Tuesday we went to Zupas to support the school.  Part of what we spent went right back to the school.  I also went visiting teaching, which was a blast.  I only have one girl that actually lets me come in and chat, and it is always fun to talk with her about how awesome the gospel is and to share life experiences.  We also made it to the temple and had a wonderful experience.  I always love going to the temple and the thoughts and feelings I have there are really what keep me going!  Also this week was back to school night which made for a long day on Thursday.  But, I found out that Tim passed his Spanish test at work, so he will get a pay raise at the end of his training, which will be a big blessing.

Friday was the first BYU football game, so we watched it with some of Tim's brothers.  Saturday was adventure day.  We have been trying to hike Squaw Peak for almost a month, but due to bad weather have been unable to make it happen.  We got and went.  Tim wasn't fully prepared for how long the hike was or how strenuous it is, but he make it to the top.  Part of the way up it started to rain.  Tim asked if it was time to go back and my response was "No!  We will make it to the top!"  A lot of our dates get canceled or are a bust, so we were going to make it to the top.  We made it in good and stayed relatively dry.  Below are some pictures!









As of yet me don't have any plans for Monday, but that's okay.  Tim feels like he has a long way to go as far as preparing for his interview, which takes place in less than two weeks.  So, that is how we will spend our day.

Comments