April Showers...

We had a little rain this week as we brought in the month of April.  I was talking with my co-workers and it seems hard to believe we are almost done with our teachers for the summer.  We all take a little break in the summer.  The temperature is also on the rise.  Some days it is perfect outside and others it is hot and humid.

My Monday doctor's appointment was uneventful.  I have decided that if the baby came before the 20th it would be more stressful, so I am okay waiting for him to come after my due date.  I struggle with being tired during the week, because I wake up early and am at work all day.  When I don't sleep well at night there isn't a time for me to catch up during the day.

Tim studied hard all week.  I feel like he is ready for the summer.  He comes out to talk more in the evening than he ever has, usually I don't see him for several hours.  He still works hard, but it's time for a break.  He only has 2 months left of school and he can do it.  Another round of exams starts next week and then he will have the end of semester exams in May and he will be off for the summer.

He had a busy weekend.  There was some major flooding in Texas a while ago and stakes have been asked to provide volunteer hours to help communities that need to rebuild.  He spent his Saturday gutting homes.  He felt sad for those that he went to help.  One elderly couple they helped lost the home the husband had grown up in.  From what Tim described it was really hard for this gentleman to decide what to toss and keep.  There were just too many memories.  It makes you stop and think about all the things we have in our homes and the memories that would be lost.  Most of what we have is just "stuff" but those few things we accumulate over time that are highly valued for their memories would be sad to loose.

On a funnier note, those that volunteered were asked to bring their own tools.  Tim really doesn't have much in the way of tools...not that we really need them yet.  He pulled out the hammer that he does have and made the comment that he didn't feel very manly using that hammer.  But, he took his trusted hammer with him and his work gloves and headed out.  When he got home, I opened the door for him and he had a big grin on his face.  In his hands he had a big shovel and a crowbar along with his hammer.  I asked if he felt more manly and he said, "Yep!"  I guess local stores had donated tools and many tools were just left, so he brought some home.

Conference has been wonderful so far.  I feel like for me I have heard a lot of good tips on how to live life for the next few years.  I am looking forward to listening to the last two sessions!

Until the next update!

Comments