Sunny days!

Much to our surprise and delight the weather was fantastic for most of the week.  After our cold spell, Hyrum was ready to be outside.  We went back to the track to run and play on the cross-fit equipment.  I am always surprised at his energy.  He made it around the whole track running.  He would run 20 feet or so, stop to make sure I was still back there and then start back up again.  I was just trying to keep up without running, which is easier said than done.


He also kissed the curb this week and now has a nice scratch on his head.  From the way Tim described it he was leaning over to get a leaf or stick and just kept leaning.  Surprisingly, there were few tears...that came when it was time to come inside.  I always know when they are coming, because I can hear Hyrum crying.  

 Other highlights from Hyrum's week include going to the library twice, nursery, and learning new words like parallelogram and halitosis.  We really have to be careful what we say, because he repeats everything we say whether we want him to or not. 

I did some baking this week.  I made English muffins, which were surprisingly easy and buns.  I have made hamburger buns, but never hotdog buns. It was fun adventure for both and a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I enjoyed my time outside with Hyrum, going on long walks and soaking up the sun, which we have needed.  I also played the role of single mom this weekend, as Tim was out of town.


 Tim had a busy week.  He has enjoyed his neurology rotation, but I think we are safe to say that he will not be changing his mind.  He met with a several people last week to discuss case reports and research that he might be able to snag.  He has a couple of case reports he is already working on.  The big excitement for him was going to Brownsville.  For those of you who aren't familiar with Texas geography it is located in South west Texas on the boarder of Mexico.  The school does medical service trips to work with under served populations.  His Spanish came in handy!  From what he told me, I think he really enjoyed it, especially playing soccer with the little kids.  He mentioned that if it works into his schedule, he would like to go again.

That is about all from us.  One last picture for your humor of the week.  I was finishing cleaning up from breakfast.  I had let Hyrum down to play before we went to get dressed and do our morning routine.  I came around the corner to find that he had found his monster hat and needed to wear it.  Whatever keeps him happy, so I can do the dishes!


Comments