Rain!

We spent the week stuck inside due to rain.  Our backyard was a small pond for the better part of the week.  The kids took it in stride, but they need to get outside and play.  Hopefully this coming week we will be able to get out, as the weather is supposed to be sunny and in the 60s.

Besides the rain, Owen and I are sick again.  Luckily, it's just us, but you know how these things go.  This week could be interesting.  I spent much of the end of the week on the couch.  I feel like I have been hit recently with sicknesses that wipe out my energy.  Owen and I spent a lot of time in the night fevering or having chills.  Tim was on Liam duty.  I'm not sure what is going on with him, but he spends half his week up in the middle of the night.  Tim has resorted to sleeping with him on the couch because he won't stay in bed, because he, "HATES sleep!"

Hyrum has taken a liking to sewing.  I got him a little monster sewing kit to practice his skills as part of school.  He spent a lot of free time sewing and really liking it.  Lila wanted to improve some cooking skills and she is working on peeling and cutting.  Liam wanted to try, so one day I let him peel and carrot and he actually did a really good job.  Between those two I may never have to peep anything again.

Owen hit the 11 month mark.  I can't believe we are a month away from his birthday.  The kids reminded me that I needed to make his blanket and I definitely need to get started.  He is finding his voice among his siblings.  He is just a loud as they are sometimes with his chattering.  He is pretty good at saying mama and dada, ball and doing hugs, high fives and knuckles.  All the really important things!  He isn't super interested in walking, but he will stand to reach whatever he wants.  He has also started scouting out the house to find me.  Saturday morning Tim took him out, so I could try to get a little more sleep and a hour later he crawled into our bedroom looking for me.  He is a stinker sometimes!


We stayed home from church today.  I thought he was getting better, but he started with his croup cough again last night, so we opted to keep him home.  We ended up falling asleep on the couch together, which did both of us some good.  

Tim taught the elder's quorum lesson today.  He also took the older kids to the church to set up for a funeral and then to help an elderly member assemble some furniture.  Hyrum had kuk sool and graduated to his yellow belt.  He was super pumped.  Lila is learning a kinds of spins and is loving dance. 

We also managed to look at a house.  The house was amazing, but there wasn't a place for the kids to play and I wasn't keen on terracing a garden.  The search continues. 

Hopefully next week will bring health and lots of time outside. 

Comments